Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects And So It Begins

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Piewagn, Jul 14, 2019.

1. loudbang

loudbang

Do you speak with a British accent now when you open your BOOT? :rolleyes:

brEad and Piewagn like this.
  2. Piewagn

Piewagn

Only every other word at the moment! I’ve a feeling it will only increase once I start driving it....

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  3. Piewagn

Piewagn

Sealing some seams and cutting in the doors....paint hasn’t set up yet, it’s satin. One more thing off the list? The chop is scheduled for Friday.....taking a half day off to at least get it tacked back in place. Thanks fellas! IMG_1055.JPG IMG_1056.JPG IMG_1058.JPG IMG_1059.JPG

4. Piewagn

Piewagn

I hung the doors in preparation for tomorrow’s chop....frigging boss canceled.....rescheduled for Monday.
    I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed.....
    I’m thinking you guys can guess which lamps I’m using....wife likes these best.... IMG_1063.JPG IMG_1062.JPG

5. Piewagn

Piewagn

Got the tail lamps installed and I futched around with the visor some....it’s a wee beat up...but it’ll do. Happy weekend fellas!!! IMG_1067.JPG IMG_1068.JPG IMG_1069.JPG IMG_1070.JPG IMG_1071.JPG IMG_1072.JPG

brEad, 40FORDPU, Vic Walter and 3 others like this.
  6. koolbeans

koolbeans

Piewagn and loudbang like this.
  7. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thanks KB....was looking for those for a long time!
    Well, after further discussion with my wife and some folks, the decision has been made to NOT chop and see what I end up with. I can always revisit it. But for now? I'm moving forward. Besides, it saves me a shit ton of grinding and bodywork!

brEad and loudbang like this.
  8. Piewagn

Piewagn

Since there will be no chop, there was minimal bodywork to finish up...sanding the guide coat now and will be ready for paint soon!!
    Looking back at it all, it’s been a long journey to get to this point and I appreciate the motivation you’ve all provided.....thanks fellas! IMG_1080.JPG IMG_1081.JPG IMG_1079.JPG

9. Rustridden31

Rustridden31
    from Denver, CO

Booo! Jus jokin, you gotta do what You wanna do! Keep up the good work

10. Aaron D.

Aaron D.

Nice progress. I can tell you from experience that it takes a ton more work to chop it after its all put together. I had to redo interior panels and other interior items. The most stressful part was protecting my vinyl top and headliner from getting ruined from all the grinding, welding and painting. If you're going to chop it, do yourself a favor and do it now.

SquintBoy likes this.
  11. guitarguy

guitarguy

Chops look great, but in recent years I have been preferring unchopped cars and even better if they are channeled...even just a little. Good on you IMO for not chopping it.

Keep it up!

loudbang and Piewagn like this.
  12. 34 5W Paul

34 5W Paul
    from Fresno CA

13. Piewagn

Piewagn

Well, one issue is, my Wife is on the taller side and said "what if I don't fit?" .....so, there was some actual debate and critical thought that went into this with her. She refuses to ride in my Tudor and I really want her the feel comfortable so we can road trip...... Believe me, it wasn't a decision I took lightly.... Thanks for all the input fellas, it's greatly appreciated!

14. in-the-weeds

in-the-weeds
    from WA

You have inspired me with this thread. Although I’m not the machinist you are but I feel like I could do some of what you did lol.

15. Piewagn

Piewagn

A little windshield work tonight.... The windshield and crappy frame I picked up at the the last Hershey swap and the frame I picked up at the Englishtown swap about 12 years ago. It was a good deal and I just KNEW I’d need it sooner or later......AND, I got a nice package from Snyders today! Woo hoo! Havin’ some fun fellas! IMG_1099.JPG IMG_1101.JPG

16. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thanks Weeds....my pleasure! When you break it all down, it's just work. Although for me, it's therapy. Everything else goes away when I'm in my little corner working away, especially when I think about what I'm working on......it's almost 100 years old and I feel privileged to be saving a part of our heritage. Thrash away, it'll be good for you!! :D

17. Piewagn

Piewagn

Header cap and visor installed!! Paint soon!! IMG_1104.JPG IMG_1107.JPG IMG_1105.JPG

18. 8 years or more

8 years or more

loudbang likes this.
  19. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thank you kind Sir! Took a while to find a set that clean....and they were NOT inexpensive!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  20. loudbang

loudbang

It's come a long way baby. :rolleyes:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  21. Piewagn

Piewagn

Visor is complete and primed! I won’t be installing the soft top, BUT... I will be making a snap in place removable tonneau cover for shade when needed or in case I get caught in the rain....for this reason I welded and blended the visor into the side roof panels....basically ready for final sanding then paint!Happy weekend fellas!! IMG_1112.JPG IMG_1113.JPG IMG_1114.JPG IMG_1115.JPG IMG_1116.JPG IMG_1117.JPG IMG_1119.JPG

22. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thanks LB....and you've been here with me every step of the way and it's been greatly appreciated!!

23. koolbeans

koolbeans

Wow, so pleased with the no cut and preservation. I thought that might be the direction when I think I saw wood.
    Fiberglass is for chopping not gennie Henry metal.
    Looking really great. FB_IMG_1616970641640.jpeg

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thanks KB! I thought seriously about it and think I came to the right decision.....
    I can't believe I'm ready for paint, it's been a long haul to get here, but it feels good! Ardun looks awesome by the way.....It's good to see it out on the road!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  25. koolbeans

koolbeans

Unchopped, they to me look so good uncut. I have really admired your trip and purseverance. Truly in every sence an accomplishment to be extremely proud of.
    My runway while growing shorter I chose a purposeful different approach to prove a point.
    December 28th, 018 and 23 months and 3733 hrs later and that puppy rolled. All catalogue bought parts, 1977 older restoration and really good paint,
    and time was important. And it can be done. And done far sooner if it had been a sbc or sbf vs the Ardun.
    Yep she is terrorizing the highways and byways. But had to close out "Last Hurrah Garage", and "git r done".

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55, Piewagn and loudbang like this.
  26. Piewagn

Piewagn

Final sanding for paint!! Woo hooo!!
    Whoda thunk it?! Thanks for all the support fellas!! IMG_1121.JPG IMG_1122.JPG

27. Osoty

Osoty
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Whats on the menu for the interior?

loudbang likes this.
  28. Piewagn

Piewagn

Well, the original seat is grey mohair.....so something close. I've got a giant roll of black vinyl left over from doing my truck interior.....so I'm sure I can whip up some interior panels.....

29. Piewagn

Piewagn

Well....tomorrow is the day I finally splash some paint on this bugger! Finished the sanding tonight and shot Some chip guard on the wheel wells. I dud the same on my Tudor and it came out great! Rear drive in front of garage and alley are stone and my truck has taken a beating from the stones....Paint for my truck is next and I won’t do without the chip guard this time around! Enjoy your evening everyone! IMG_1126.JPG IMG_1127.JPG

30. WIDE BOX BENNY

WIDE BOX BENNY

NICE!

chryslerfan55 and Piewagn like this.