Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical The definitive bobbed rear fender post

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by atch, Apr 6, 2021.

1. atch

atch

I've searched. I've saved photos. I think I've read every hamb post regarding this. I'm still looking for more pix and/or information.

Please post before, after, and in progress photos of how you bobbed your rear fenders. On any skinny fendered (pre-fat-fendered) car.

On a couple of threads there have been inquiries recently. Some by me. My specific case happens to be a 31 A two-door sedan with a 32 gas tank hanging from rear 32 frame horns on an otherwise A frame. Note: had I started this car from an unmolested car I probably would not have used the 32 gas tank/frame horns. However, My best friend left the project car to me when he died. There's no way I'll change that out. I do, however, think I'd like to shorten the rear fenders some. I don't think he'd mind that change.

I know that lake_harley and Adam D are looking for this information also.

Thanx in advance.

bchctybob likes this.
  2. atch

atch

115 views and no one has posted any pix.

This tells me that a lot of folks out there want to see this also but not many folks have performed it; or at least didn't document their progress.

I'm hoping that bringing this back to the first page (from the 8th) will catch the eye of someone who can post up his/her technical expertise.

Also note that we all know you can just hack up a fender with a sawzall and weld it back together, but I'd like to see the finer points. Exactly where you cut yours. Did you cut a straight line all the way across or for some reason make some other cut. Or anything else we might want to see.

3. bchctybob

bchctybob

This could be a good thread. Model As without rear bumpers really need the rear fenders bobbed, at least a few inches. I'd like to see a How-To on both steel and F-glas fenders. I wanted to bob the rears on my '31 sedan but I found an apron that bolted to the bottom of the body and filled the span between the fenders so I went with that.
    Here's a pair of old bobbed fenders that I was going to use on a '29 roadster pickup but didn't.
    IMG_3038.JPG IMG_3039.JPG

4. bchctybob

bchctybob

I had this picture saved in my files. Nice looking coupe with what look like trimmed rear fenders. And a rear shot of my sedan showing the apron that I used instead of bobbed rear fenders. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

hotrodA likes this.

5. Blake 27

Blake 27