Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is the best reaction you have gotten from people?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EnragedHawk, Jul 8, 2011.

1. That old lady didn’t happen to be driving a shiny red superstock dodge did she? ( sorry, I couldn’t resist)

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't recall the caliber but it figures you may have been involved with the aeration process. :cool:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Aeration, don't they do that to golf courses ? I figured you might know about that !

Bandit Billy likes this.
  4. cheezwiz

cheezwiz

Not the greatest but funny to me that I got the exact same reaction twice while driving my 54 Corvette... "What the FUCK is that ??" another time in the Corvette..."Is that an MG? That's an MG !" Once sitting in a parking lot in Pigeon Forge in a 'glass 33 roadster a really old gentleman walked up and knocked really hard on the front fender and said "They don't make them like that anymore !" ......I didn't say a word...

5. Rick & Jan

Rick & Jan

We were at the Lone Star Roundup and had made a pass through the Swap Meet building. It was time to take our "Treasures" back to the car and have a Beer. As I was closing the lid on the Cooler, a young man dressed in Cowboy attire, Hat, Boots, Levies, Pearl Buttons, huge Belt Buckle and holding a Lone Star by the neck, said to me, Nice Ranch Wagon Sir. I looked at my Buddy, he looked at me, I looked back at the young man and said, Preciatecha!! He walked around the car and left. Darrel and I sat down behind my '55 Chevrolet Handyman and enjoyed our Beer. IMG_0594[2043].jpg

6. One of the crazier reactions I ever got happened about 3 years ago. I was driving my F-100 onto the grounds at NSRA Bakersfield when a younger gentleman walked up and said “ nice Chevrolet “ . I said nothing , I just moved on and parked on the grass.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Was sitting at a car show with my wife with my 50 Chevy pickup.
    A good looking young gal came over and complimented me on the pickup.
    She then immediately got down on all fours and crawled all the way under the truck acting like she was interested in the view.
    My wife still says said she was more interested in giving me the view.

[​IMG]

8. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

I've gotten all kinds. None really the best..

9. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

He had it backwords GM..

10. wvenfield

wvenfield

" I can't believe you ruined it".

11. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

20200908 Lewis Museum.jpg
    Is that a Peugeot?

Nicholas Coe and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Always being a wise-ass...

Is it all steel? No, the tires are rubber.

What size is your engine? Medium.

How much did you chop it. Just enough

Is it fast? Compared to a rocket, no.

What year is it? 2021 you idiot.

...No wonder I have so few friends;)

13. Jack, ya may need some mellowing out;)..

14. I've never gotten the boobie shot . Just as well, it would probably be Lloyd!

15. Joe Travers

Joe Travers
    from Louisiana

Sad but true. Had a young guy look in the car and asked me if my name was Hurst.

Joe

16. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ya think maybe?;):D

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

17. cheezwiz

cheezwiz

...and then there was the time in the late 70's when I was sitting at a traffic light in my blown overdriven Chevy II. Middle aged lady next to me yells " Hey, What's all that about?" pointing at the supercharger... Supercharger I replied. Then she says "Shoulda figured!"

18. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

You should have offered her a ride Scott, that would have shut her up!

19. Picture this: I was driving along on the freeway from Moss to Oslo (Norway 60mph speed limit) in my 1952 Mercury with some friends in the car. A Mercedes 300td 4Matic (pricey car at the time) catches up with me and stays behind me towards the toll booth. We pick a booth each next to each other, we both toss a coin in the machine. The booms raises simultaneously and we both floored the gas. He was eager to pass my "old POS", but to his surprice his Mercedes could not keep up with me. First he had a surpriced look on his face, but soon he got a angry look, because in the passenger seat his wife is laughing out loud!
    When I reached about 65mph I let off the gas and let him pass me. His wife gave me a thumbs up

Rune Waltoft from Norway

[​IMG]

X38, woodsnwater, clem and 13 others like this.
  20. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This was my answer to 10,000+ people who had asked "when are you going to paint it";) 32a.jpg

21. You were ahead of the game. Now factories are rollin' 'em out with matte paint.

hotrodjack33 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  22. Sandgroper

Sandgroper

:eek::eek: IMG_1305.JPG Nice chev, (Ford, Pontiac, olds etc) my dad had one.

Best one yet, old bloke (80s) came up and actually knew what it was. Told me he had his first (hot date) in the back seat of one with his now wife and they were about to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary. I of course offered to lend him the car for the night at which he laughed and said he didn't think the old girl still had it in her. :eek: :D

safetythird, vtx1800, Truck64 and 2 others like this.
  23. trollst

trollst

I got pulled over by a carload of chinese kids in a very expensive mercedes, they drove alongside and asked me to pull over, I did, they got out, looked my 36 over and asked where I got it so they could go there to get one.
    I told them they couldn't buy one, I built it, and offered to take them for a spin. Two of them took me up on it, biggest smiles you ever saw.... DSC07762.JPG

24. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Well that was kind of the idea!

25. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's more me being a cheap bastard...$40 a gallon farm implement paint VS a $3000+ "real" paint job;)

26. Deuces

Deuces

Me lately????..... "Damn that thing looks sweet"!.... :D:cool:

27. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

The absolute best reaction I ever saw was when I took my mother for a ride in my 48 Plymouth. She was a resident at a nursing home at the time. I thought I'd surprise her with a ride in the Plymouth, and by the look on her face, I think she liked it!! Sadly she passed away in 2013, but I'll always treasure this picture. nanna.jpg

28. I think one of the best reactions I have ever got was just yesterday. I took my brother’s Buick up to the car wash so I could rinse it off before starting to sand and buff it. My son and I left the car wash waiting for a deputies car to pass before I pulled out since I may not be running a correct tag on it right now... :oops: So, anyway, after pulling out, I see the deputies lights come on and he quickly turns around so I assume he saw someone he needed to chase. Then, he turns around again. :confused: We exited onto the interstate and stayed in the right lane. He slowly crept up on us in the left lane and didn’t pass like I thought he should. Then, he finally gets up next to me and rolls the passenger window down to give us a big thumbs up. I also happened to know this deputy, just couldn’t see him through the tinted windows. Glad he didn’t run the tag... :rolleyes:

997337E3-29E9-450E-88BE-A9A00FE4DCCD.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    Deuces, Truck64, Nicholas Coe and 8 others like this.
  29. young51

young51

I had taken my chopped 51' Mercury to pick something up at Stanford shopping center in Palo Alto. If you know the area this place is packed with AMG Mercedes, Tesla's and the like. I parked away from anyone else and as I'm walking towards the car I see an old lady with a walker standing next to it really checking it over. First thing that crossed my mind was that she hit it and was checking the damage. I walk up and say hello and she goes "Is this a Mercury or a Hudson?" I say great guess, it's a 51 Mercury. She goes, " I thought so, when my husband and I were dating he had a 51' Merc coupe and later traded it in on a 53' Hudson Hornet". She then says " The Hornet was faster but she liked the looks of the Merc much better". She gave me a big smile and was on her way. My kind of girl..

Jim Bouchard, Deuces, Truck64 and 7 others like this.
  30. Matt55folife

Matt55folife

I was getting gas one day in my 55. A old man pulled up and gave my car the look over and came up and said “is this a 55 chevy”? I said yessir it is. He said “i dated a girl in high school that had a 4 door 55 and man that thing was nice! We spent a lot of time in the backseat and i bet her footprints was on the roof of that thing!” That one definitely made me laugh! Didnt expect that old man to tell me that!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app