Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Mad Mikey Accident

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mad mikey, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Thanks Nick. Appreciate that.:)

Nicholas Coe, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  2. Thanks Stogy, I will be checking everything multiple times before the first shake down run.;):)

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  3. squirrel

squirrel

4. Thanks Jim. Wiring the new fan today, did I mention I hate wiring LOL.

5. Got her fired up today. She sounds radical, and right. Big load off my mind.:D Next is the grill shell prep and paint, insert, spreader bar, and test.:) Damn I am tired! Wish the wall was fixed, still waiting, oh well.:(

6. mike bowling

mike bowling

Sorry to read this, brother. Thankfully you and anyone who might have been in the shop are OK.
    Always loved your coupe! Get well, plan your work, and fix her back up. Tough break after last year being all messed up, and this season just starting, but you’re ok and that’s the main thing.
    Mike B.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy, mad mikey, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  7. lemonade from lemons thought, could the wall use a window? built in shelves?

Nicholas Coe, Tim, Stogy and 5 others like this.
  8. Lookin' great! Glad it's coming together for you!

mad mikey, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Just saw this, sorry it happened, glad you are recovering from your injuries, and you have the car on it's way again. Working alone miles from help I worry about this kind of thing a lot. I'm happy it was not worse for you.

Stogy, bchctybob, Thor1 and 3 others like this.
  10. Allmotor

Allmotor

11. Yea, I am watching that one. Thanks.

12. Mike, I hope you install a double spring set on your carburetor. HRP

[​IMG]

13. bchctybob

bchctybob

Glad you are back in the saddle (almost), sounds like you're getting close.
    I would make sure the throttle linkage has Heim joints at every pivot point w/safety washers, bolts with proper shoulder lengths and every nut and bolt is torqued properly. Also be sure everything is pulling straight and square and nothing can over-center (especially at full throttle). Blown engines require some creative linkage sometimes, especially if you're like me and don't care for cable throttles.
    I'd try that water/freezer technique (hit it with some shop air first to see if the easy stuff moves back). It may just go back to useable at least until you find the one you want. Glad you are well and we're talking about this stuff.

14. Time to start sanding, prep, and paint the grill shell. I will post some pics this week end. Thanks for watching guys.:)

15. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

mused to fix dirt bike pipes by filling them with water and freezing them .. worth a shot maybe

16. lookin good.

loudbang and mad mikey like this.
  17. Aren’t those tanks 3 pieces , 2 ends and center ring then welded together?

loudbang, chryslerfan55 and mad mikey like this.
  18. -Brent-

-Brent-

@mad mikey damn, man, just seeing this now. It's not too late to send that 32 shell back and upgrade to a 31. If so, I am your man! Hahaha.

I'm glad you're progressing (physically and with the coupe). I completely get the one-man-band thing. When I saw the title of this thread, my heart sank, then I saw it was you who posted and I half-smiled because it's guys like us that'll have to post our HAMB-obituaries on our own... hahaha.

All the best to you!

19. Thanks so much Brent. The coupe is almost done, back together with upgrades. I should be testing her in a week or so. Found the last few parts and have been working on her every day after work and all weekends. Thanks for the kind words. I need to get back behind the wheel, This mishap for whatever reason really has shaken me up. I usually have no fear, LOL.

20. Thanks Brian. Almost have her back, with improvements. I know you have been through this several times.

21. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

I need to get back behind the wheel, This mishap for whatever reason really has shaken me up. I usually have no fear, LOL.[/QUOTE]

Mikey , wants you get strapped in & do a few test Latches then a full 330. Then a 660 , then you will be comfortable threw 1320 !! your "". Shaken. Up"" feeling will be gone , then you go back to fine tunning & going Faster

22. Let me know when you're going to the track. We'll line em up.

23. Sounds good Steve, that would be a lot of fun. Any day around your 57 would be a great day.:)

24. The grill shell is in primer, radiator supports done, Moon tank brackets re- done and a tank on the way. I am going to shoot the color on the grill shell tomorrow. ;)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    TFoch, loudbang, chevy57dude and 9 others like this.
  25. Hell yeah! You can't keep a good man down brother! Tickles me to hear this :D

TFoch, loudbang, saltflats and 4 others like this.
  26. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad to see you are progress well Mike, wont be long and it will all be back together!

Can you guys race without these? Back in Aus was a track requirement.

mad mikey, Thor1 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  27. Thanks Lloyd.

28. You're welcome bubba, you have crashed yours, and fixed it, and I'm still pussy footing along on mine!

Nicholas Coe, loudbang, Thor1 and 2 others like this.
  29. Just like you said to me, you can't keep a good man down. Right back at ya big guy.;)

30. Grill shell is painted and drying . I am watching paint dry, LOL Next step, get moon tank, plumb, install grill shell, grill insert, and take her for a romp.:)