Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Surfboard roof rack mount

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mrploww, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Special Ed

Special Ed

It's the air that's flowing UNDERNEATH the board, directly up from the windshield that causes the lift, NOT the air flowing over the top (which is a negative force). Really basic stuff.
    Been surfing for over 55 years now ... ;)

flyin-t, Tman and Irish Mike like this.
  2. Used to be a guy back in the '70' that hit all the nor cal rod runs. Had a model A RPU with a 409. Always had a canoe on a rack on top of the thing. Was part of the scenery.

wraymen likes this.
  3. badshifter

badshifter

IMG_9386.JPG I had a pair of 32 Ford frame rails on my surfboard racks. But in my defense I was taking them to get sandblasted.
    I surf, and the only time there are boards on the racks is if I am on my way to or from surfing.

Tman, Nominal, mvee33 and 2 others like this.
  4. People are now surfing boat wakes so anywhere there is water and powerboats, there could be surfboards.
    I say bolt it on if you have no interest in removing it any time soon.

5. Knew an older guy that had a vintage cooler and camping/picnic gear in the back of his wagon. He said he hasn’t been camping in years, just reminded him of his childhood. I liked it enough to ask him about it. I thought it was nice and far from being lame.

bajabob, chevy57dude, Latigo and 4 others like this.
  6. Surfing is a thing where I live. A surf report is part of the weather on the news on TV....no one drives around with boards on the roof.

Tman likes this.
  7. How do they get them to the ocean? ;)

8. ...unless specifically driving to or from the beach.:p

Flathead Dave and wraymen like this.
  9. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

I just use a rope to tie my surfboard to the roof rack on the wagon.
    And yes, I surf at lakeside park and nickel beach so don’t give me any shit about not living near the ocean.

The rope is good to at least 80mph as verified by the Ontario provincial police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flyin-t, Flathead Dave and chopped like this.
  10. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

I would throw up.......god I hate those things.

11. I drive around with a ladder on the roof of my car ALL the time ... I feel it makes me look both employed and handy. If I am not driving, I carry around a motorcycle helmet. You may not believe it but I get more women with those 'props' than I do when I borrow the neighbours puppy :cool:

BTW .... "Sonny, would you mind cleaning my eaves trough" is actually code for "Sonny, would you mind cleaning my eaves trough". Ok, so my technique isn't quite perfected yet :D

Funny, this post reminds me of the time I was returning from the cottage with a windsurfer on the roof. Just as I went past Mosport, a Ferrari 458 convert got in behind me (was probably a lapping day). Sure made me start wondering if I had everything tight and the straps weren't too old :) Interestingly, the Ferrari driver is somewhat well known in the Toronto area as he has quite a few others, including an F50 and TWO F40's. For those interested @mrtrig on Instagram.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    hotrodjack33 likes this.
  12. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I doesn't matter HOW nice my legs are... I kept telling the wife that SHE is the one who's supposed to be wearing the Poodle Skirt:eek:

Tman and Flathead Dave like this.
  13. Latigo

Latigo

Nothing wrong with having some fun with your ride. If we were all being practical we wouldn’t drive these cars in the first place. I’ve seen plenty of beer tap shift knobs but never one that will dispense a cold brew.

That’s a great looking wagon. It just cries out for a surfboard.

chopped and Mrploww like this.
  14. Thank you both. :) HRP

15. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I'm going to place a longboard on my 2018 Ford Escape and I don't give a shit what anyone thinks.

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  16. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Just put it on the top of your car with the fin in the rear. Then when it blows off, you won`t have to worry about it anymore. Just don`t ever ever add a Tiki.

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  17. long island vic

long island vic

I guess all woody's are surf wagons and must be powered by small block corvette motors

18. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn it...this was gonna be my next build:(
    ztiki.jpg

Flathead Dave likes this.
  19. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Looks better than the Surf Rite by Roth.

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  20. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, I don't surf, so no surfboards on the roof for me...but I do smoke cigars...:p zlite.jpg

21. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Had to watch Beach Blanket Bingo today.
    All of this talk made me do it.