Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Yes, they are still out there...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Yes, they are still out there...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. They're still out there if you have deep pockets. If you're a regular working stiff, just a pipe dream.

AHotRod, loudbang, LOU WELLS and 9 others like this.
  3. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I think there will be a lot more of them as the Greatest Generation dies off. A lot of families will keep Dad’s old car because of the emotional attachment, probably not in barns but in garages and storage facilities. Then the old rides will be all but forgotten sitting around, until discovered by someone. Some will be sold, others will continue to sit and wait on more folks to pass away so they can again have their turn on the highway....

4. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

They are still out there. But, finding them and affording them is the problem.

5. Shawn Wildman

Shawn Wildman

I've had luck buying projects that guys just get tired of working on. They're not looking for big bucks and just want the project gone. The project needs finishing, which really isn't that much work and you end up with a nice old classic that has your finishing touch on it. Made some good money selling them when I'm done too.

chryslerfan55, olscrounger and Deuces like this.
  6. They are indeed still out there, but, thirty or more years ago, google was not around. Now, it seems all it takes is for the grandkids that were not interested in that old car, to find a similar car sell for big money.

7. Funny I remember as a little kid 6 maybe 7 (1988 or 1989) my father was selling at Ford Motorsports show (Reading PA)

A pair of guys had a barn fresh 32 five window for 2,000-3,000 (I remember my dad saying he couldn't believe the price) and it sat all weekend no one even made an offer!

Sunday afternoon they loaded up, as they got in the truck the one guy said "They should call this 5.0 liter FU#CKING MUSTANG MOTORSPORTS!

The37Kid, chryslerfan55 and Thor1 like this.
  8. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

I often wonder who will find the last one, of a certain make and model and you know, no-one will know it.

Thor1 likes this.
  9. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

chryslerfan55, HEMI32 and Thor1 like this.
  10. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Been doing old cars for over 50 years and the only (barn find) I have ever found was my first old hot rod a 39 deluxe coupe with a nail head covered with those stick on plastic daisy's. Counted over fifty stuck on the car. That was 1970 never been close to another one.

11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Now, don't you model A guys get all offended here but many of those "still out there" 32's end of being 31's.:mad:

Thor1 likes this.
  12. Squablow

Squablow

Maybe I'm confusing correlation with causation again, but it sure seems like the best way to find these rare barn finds is to have a YouTube channel and a penchant for exclamation points.

AHotRod, chryslerfan55, Tman and 3 others like this.
  13. alchemy

alchemy

I’ve got a couple cars that I’m turning into barn finds. I haven’t driven one of them in 30 years. What’s the requirement to classify it as a barn find?

MMM1693, X-cpe, Thor1 and 4 others like this.
  14. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

I find a "garage find" every time I walk in the door. Tore it apart over 20 years ago. Maybe this year.

Lee

deucemac, Butler 32, AHotRod and 7 others like this.
  15. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am fairly sure the rules say you cant be the one to find your own barn finds. Unless you have memory issues, if that's the case then post away.

16. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

I have an OT car in the garage I bought in 1986. I refer to it as "my own personal barn find"...lol...

Thor1 likes this.
  17. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup,it's about to happen again.I can Feel It...

Thor1 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  18. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

Isn't that the truth. Back in 1960 when I was 15, I was told about a deuce that turned out to be a model "A". Again , no offense to model "A" lovers. I've always been a freak for 32 5w.

LOU WELLS, Thor1 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  19. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

IMG_0043.jpg Americas Buildings Are Full Of Olde Cars And The Earth Is Full Of The Owners...

20. fordcoupeguy

fordcoupeguy

^^^ That would be me with my 39 in about 10 years!

Thor1 likes this.
  21. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Often finding things has more to do with hard work than luck, something often missed by those who dont put the work in.

Thor1 likes this.
  22. Found my old 41 Pontiac in a barn in Iowa. rockysponchofront.jpg 41inthecorn.jpg

Chavezk21, chryslerfan55 and Thor1 like this.