Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's this worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ambman, Aug 4, 2006.

1. ambman

ambman

Yesterday I found an old Hot Rod, I was on my way home and spied it in an Auto repair shop I drive by every day. It's a 30-31 Model A roadster on a 32 frame (the rear frame rails have been bobbed), it's got some kind of funky windshield, the doors and trunklid are filled (leaded but the body is pretty wavy) and there's a trans that I have no idea what it is. The guys at the shop say it's set up for a Flathead but it doesn't look like flathead stuff to me(check out the crossmember), they also said it has a grilleshell and headlights (from their description sounds like a 32 shell) it has a dropped axle and hydraulic brakes too. Either way I asked if it was for sale and they said leave your number and the owner will give you a call, he didn't, but I stopped by there today and and took pictures and talked to the owner on the phone and offered him $2500, he said he would think about it but it doesn't sound too promising, he sounds like he wants to keep it (he got it out of a garage in Oak Park, MI, one of his customers passed away and the family gave it to him with a 68 Rambler) Point is, what do you think it is worth? anyone know what the trans and engine mounts are? I am no expert on values and I didn't want to insult the guy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. The transmission looks like a '51 or so, Merc.
    The windshield looks like a rear window from somewhere.

3. Also, there's no front motor mounts for a flathead.

4. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

A rule of thumb I use for values.
    How much does a new repro one cost?
    I real one has to be worth as much right?
    So my calulations using brookville body ...$5,000.00

I would gladly pay 5K for a cool old hot rod roadster
    But less would be cool,

5. Frank

Frank

Looks like it could be a VW windshield. Looks kinda neat but like it needs a sturdy frame.

6. Hotrodderman

Hotrodderman

Looks like Y Block mounts to me too.

Hotrodderman

7. Is the winshield curved or flat? If it's flat, it looks like a '36 Ford closed car windshield and frame.

Your offered price by today's standards would be an extremely GOOD deal.

If he doesn't take the offer, ask him what he will take. Drop the ball back in his court in the form of a question.

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Get yourself 5 grand in cash and go back and ask what he'll take. You found it, if you want it make your move before it hits eBay. :eek:... Trany looks like a Caddy- LaSalle to me.

9. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

The windshield is from a 40s inboard motorboat - the car "Elvis" drove in some movie had same setup - heck..this could be THAT car...it was some kind of a roadster. I agree that the frame is NOT set up for a flathead...

Don't worry about insulting the guy..if he had his wits about him, he'd be fixing the car up.

"the new phone books are here...the new phone books are here"

dj