Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question about vehicles for sale listing

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by lonejacklarry, Apr 10, 2021.

1. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is is possible to add a system for a seller to note whether or not a clear title is available for the for sale vehicle? Many times the notation is something like "sold on a bill of sale- a title is easy to get" which really means nothing. Many more times nothing is said at all.

The vehicle has a title to the vehicle in his name or otherwise?

Thanks,
    Larry

2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

It's up to the seller to provide the information on the ownership status of title or not.
    It's up to the seller to ask all the critical questions if there is a title or not and who's ownership.

Either way Caveat emptor

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OK, thanks for the information.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

It differs from state to state. Seams like a total joke were some states give you a Title to a Body, others Title a frame, I bet some state will title a left front fender for a fee. :rolleyes:

5. Every state is different.
    Ohio title is like a birth certificate and entitles the owner to certain right and obligates the owner to certain liabilities. Definitely not easy to get an Ohio title.
    CT on the other hand doesn’t have titles after a certain year. Want to have fun??? Buy a project from CT that doesn’t have a title, hasn’t been registered in 3 decades and try to get an Ohio title. Ask me how I know

6. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

My point is as a seller - If you want to sell your ride - it helps a hellava lot more if you have a good title in YOUR name.

As a buyer - if there is a good title in the SELLERS name it certainly makes it more desirable.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. It's a good idea for any potential buyer to do their homework and know before hand what is expected by their local DMV to register a car or truck from a different state.

Each state is different, HRP