Register now to get rid of these ads!

Conversion U joint for 1950 Ford car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Azandy, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Azandy

Azandy

I'm putting a 1971 Ford Maverick rear end in a 1950 Ford car. Can anybody tell me a part number for the universal joint that will mate both these parts?

2. Or @Moriarity can move this to the main board

Moriarity likes this.
  3. When I mated a Chev driveshaft yoke to a Ford driveshaft my driveshaft shop knew what 'offset' u joint was needed.
    The joint was longer on one crossbar than the other. The bearing cups may have been different diameter also.

4. squirrel

squirrel

5. Wrong direction.... that connects a newer driveshaft to the OEM rear. The OP needs one opposite of that. But it may be worth calling those guys to see if they could make one up. The OP should also check to see if the OEM driveshaft is still the right length; I suspect it may be a bit short.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  6. squirrel

squirrel

that's what I thought, but I don't recall how the driveshaft looks on that one....

pictures? description?

7. The rear axle yoke should be for a 1310 series (3-7/32 width by 1-1/16 cap diameter). If memory serves, the driveshaft is the same, but I agree with Crazy Steve as I believe the driveshaft will be about 1" too short.

squirrel likes this.