Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Lake pipe.. any info??

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Tony Ray, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

So I posted on Facebook about looking for a set of rippled lake pipes for my 51 ford coupe I’m making into a mild custom. I didn’t have much hope but I figured what the hell.. well I did get a response, unfortunately he only had one side. I bought it hoping maybe I could use it for a template to make a new one or something. Well I’ve never seen one like this. It’s 2 piece, about 58 inches long and 1 3/4 inch diameter. The ripple is a spiral type, and is about 16 inches long. The front bend has more then a 90 degree bend and the exit is more like 45 degrees. I think it’s pretty cool and if I can find another I’d love to run it , but was wondering if anyone knew who made them, or when they were available.. IMG_5561.JPG IMG_5566.JPG
    IMG_5563.JPG
    IMG_5562.JPG
    Any info would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Those were made by Fenton in the early 60's and have not been made for decades, there are several threads here on this subject and you are not the only one looking for them, I have a set of the short rippled kickstand pipes on my corvette

september1.JPG

3. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

Thanks!! I did not realize the fentons were two piece. I’ve read the other post, but wasn’t sure if this was something newer or what..I didn’t think I was the only one looking and I doubt I’d find another laying around, but thought it was cool so I bought it! Thanks again for verifying it..The ones on the vette are killer!

4. Movinman

Movinman

Tony, I have a set of Fentons from 1959 on my 51 Mercury. The ones I have are one piece, not two piece. I know where another set is stashed as well. Shoot me a PM
    933BA658-F777-4905-B177-8E467B1DDFE9.jpeg 22A1ADE3-193B-4E54-B0EE-48892778966E.jpeg

5. 1Shot-Scot

1Shot-Scot
    from Minnesota

Interesting that those were 2 piece. I’ve never seen that. I still need a set of caps for my Fenton’s - they were wrecked last year when my car got hit on the highway.

Tony Ray likes this.