Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ***FRIDAY ARRRRT SHOW*** Aug. 4/06

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TINGLER, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyingpolock

flyingpolock
    from PHX

Here's the scariest part: No brushes whatsoever. Everything I do starts off as a pencil rough, and gets scanned in, then I start working it over in Illustrator. No brushes, no meshes... time consuming? Hell yeah, but it gives me some added control.
    (I used to do everything w/markers and rapidographs... but a degenerative nerve and muscle disorder is making my hands worse for wear, so I'm forcing the software to do what I want... )
    No secret recipe, just some serious insomnia.:D

2. Gigantor

Gigantor

Wow Guys - this is some phenominal work.
    Flying Polock - you already know how I feel about your stuff. Yowzah.
    Zombie- all these colored pencils on black paper is encouraging me to experiment with some of that - if you don't mind.
    Toyghoul - that's funny, I've been taping off a mailbox for painting for my stepdad - it's cool to see someone elses striping ideas.

3. Slide

Slide

fp-- I was wondering that... nice work, regardless of media/technique! Cool use of transparency as well!

4. wowcars did this for our club's event coming up on the 26th

Attached Files:

5. That was at the Asphalt Invitational a few weeks back, I love the nose art on it....

6. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Media is a wipe board with a crappy black erasable marker!

Did this at work for the guy next to me. I'm trying to get him to buy a '68 C10 I found near my house the other day for $1200. GA truck in great shape. The jerk is going to spend $12,000 on a new roof instead. No priorities...His son's name is Scotty, hence the Scotty Scooter!

Attached Files:

7. This collage is the shit! I pinned it up in my Cubacle where others might see it.

Thanks,
    Kurt

8. Skimmer

Skimmer

Zombie this pic is awsome, the detail is unreal....

9. Microcar1

Microcar1
    from NY

The art being posted is really cool. When I finish my H-Mod I'm going to have to contact one of you guys for numbers and some striping. (Vinyl just doesn't seem right for something from the 50's.)

This is a 2-block linoleum cut, printed on a 1911 Chandler & Price platen press for a calendar page:
    Panamericana small.jpg

Microcar1

10. dangeroustoy

dangeroustoy

Chopt49, that photo is smokin hot!!!! Very nice!!!

Dave Brisco

11. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Zombie- That piece is Absolutely mindblowing!!
    Jigger- In his time is great! The expression on the pig's face is perfect.

Here's a few more doodles from me for this week. The flathead one is a pencil sketch and the T is pen and ink.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Hey Zombie,
    Draw much?

I'll Half-ta' get on one of those illustrations, too. Reminds me of
    David Holls' design sketches for Gm in the 50s. He is truly inspiring.
    Puts you in good company.

13. cadillac daddyo

cadillac daddyo
    from wichita ks

wow what a great art show toygoul that mail box is slick and all the great sketches are great jigger,thunderbird wow great show all i have for the week is this lone piece but enjoy
    [​IMG]

14. Zombie- absolutely amazing work, man!

Here's a white panel I just finished:
    [​IMG]

15. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I love that tri power T! Great stuff. That collage is OUTSTANDING!!

16. AntiBling

AntiBling

17. jdubbya

jdubbya

Here is a picture of my very first tattoo, done by our very own Kritz. I got this done about 2 1/2 hour ago, and am very happy with the outcome already. -Joe

Attached Files:

18. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Great Art Show this week, again. Seems like I say that every week.

Haven't done much lately, been doing actual work, just sucks, but pays some bills.

Made this Desk Top Art Work for a new Hamber, but haven't heard from him since its been done. Must be MIA. Anyway, this is my rendition of a 62 Olds Hearst. Its pretty big at 11 3/4" long, 3" wide and about 3 3/4" high. Last picture is his car, hoping he will get back to me one way or the other.
    Gene

Attached Files:

19. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

"but haven't heard from him since its been done" yeah same here

just sitting around drawing people in the room
    tim

[​IMG]

20. zombie

zombie

well thanks for the positive feed back guys. i have been having a lot of fun with the black paper. unfortunately, when i scan it into the computer the background looks like a dark gray, so i have to screw around with the levels. once i do that i loose a lot of the subtle blends and detail. we are going to be making prints of some of these.

gigantor, help yourself. i didnt invent this style, i stole it myself. ha ha

jigger, i did a couple of drawings on black paper about 5 years ago, and always wanted to do some more, but just hadnt had the time, then i found some drawings that were done on black sometime back in the late 50's. they were of some concept cars. i have no idea who the artist was, but they inspired me to give it another go.

thanks again, zombie

Muttley likes this.
  21. Well, Holls' style is pretty defined. He's the one responsible for the "55 Chevy pick-ups car-like qualities (re: hoods over the headlights) and had a heavy hand in on the '59 designs, in particular the Cadillac. He's creditted
    for their fin design.

22. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

a budy at work did this today on some kids foot, thought you guys would dig it

[​IMG]

23. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

Great tees man. You post international?

24. JohnnyAngel

JohnnyAngel
    from Missouri

Redid a this 49 Plymouth in photoshop, darn if it
    didnt come out looking like a Kaiser

Attached Files:

• 4ply.jpg
      4ply.jpg
      File size:
      34.2 KB
      Views:
  25. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

wow jigger realy dig the shoebox, the flames reflected in the windows realy sets it off nice.

26. I drew this piece for a customer and then tattooed it on his forearms, yesterday.

Attached Files:

27. thats some nice work from one artist to another and im working on my apprentiship now so ya never know ill have some tat work ive done on here soon...

28. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

that is preety rad dan, whats the inside look like?

little short for a friday art post, heres something else from this week to keep it towards the top

[​IMG]

29. Thanks, tim, those are some pretty swanky pieces you've posted, too! I have a long ways to go before I'm at that level. I just kinda faded the crosses out, on the inside of the forearms. I was gonna do some sorta "break" in the cross, but it didn't seem to fit with the motif (sp?)...the names are for his kids. I kinda liked how they each looked nice, but unfinished seperately, and complete when put together. Know what I mean?

Bowtie...I look forward to seeing your work soon! hang in there with the apprenticeship. I've only been tattooing for a little over a year now...it's just now starting to be a little more fun and a little stressful! :D

30. Last week Jim Sibley asked for help with a logo for his Hot Rod shop & this is what I came up with (I still need to add & fix a few things), Jim is quite happy with it :cool: & I'm stoked!
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.