Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Swap Meet this weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Mar 31, 2021.

1. buckwild27

buckwild27

I'm disappointed that I missed this.

2. Man, I had no idea that the track was for sale, it seems the land has become more valuable as housing demands outweigh it's commercial use.

Hopefully Brad will continue to host the swap meet at a different venue when the time comes. HRP

3W JOHN and jim snow like this.
  3. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

My undrstanding is that the main reason NHRA bought the place to brgin with is that a competing sanctioning body was negotiating to buy it.
    This was several years ago. And please understand that I wouldn't bet my info is factual, but the rumors are strong.
    @Mac the Yankee have you heard anything on this????????

jim snow and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

^^^ good info -

egads and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  5. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Well that is what happened to Dallas Drag Strip years ago now houses.Maybe the Motor Speedway will make a 1/4 mile strip like Charlotte

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. Zax

Zax
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1952-59 Ford Social Group

Sadly Commerce is a shell of what it once was. I highly doubt the track is in danger of becoming a subdivision like the old track in Cumming. Hopefully it will just sell to a new owner and remain mostly as is. I have fond memories of that track. My high school auto shop class went there for a field trip during the Southern Nationals. Best field trip ever.

Wish I could have made it last weekend, but it was the first day of spring break and we already had plans to camp in the mountains. Hope to make it next time.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. We can only hope so. HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  8. I had sent Brad a E-mail telling him what I had read about the Atlanta Dragway being listed and if he had a contingency plan and he assured me he did and the North Georgia would continue. HRP

3W JOHN, jim snow and dirty old man like this.
  9. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

10. From what I understand, the land will be used for a "processing/transfer station". It's a shame on many levels, and it seemed that the NHRA had no interest in seeing anyone keep the track going.

As far as the swap goes, Brad is in it for the long haul- his goal is, and has always been, to provide people an affordable and enjoyable opportunity to buy, sell, swap, bench race, etc. He diligently worked through a number of challenges to get the swap to the effective level it is at now, and I'm excited to see where he's going to take it!

11. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No, it doesn't!! They're just here anyway;)

12. Yes the NHRA has sold the property So after November No more Drag Strip at Commerce

jim snow likes this.