Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Was Your Dad a Hot Rodder?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Black_Sheep, Feb 6, 2021.

1. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Nope. Vegetable Farmer.

2. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

My dad isn't a hot rodder but he is a car guy. The closest he ever had to a hot rod was a '66 Fiat 850 Coupé on Minilites, with a selection of Abarth bits. He did always want to build a '46-'48 Chevy Fleetline, late '60s style, earth-moving-equipment yellow, Torq-Thrust Ds, and a bit of rubber rake. He's 86 and really slowing down. It's sad that he'll never get to it.

jimmy six, Budget36 and Black_Sheep like this.
  3. My Dad was a car guy. Ran the ARCA Series. Stock Cars. He had no use for Hot Rods or Old Cars. Had no interest in coming around to look at what I was working on... He was a Die Hard Racer Only...

loudbang likes this.
  4. 31Apickup

31Apickup

My dad has always been a car guy. His first car was a 40 std coupe, had a 32 sedan, then him and his brother built a channeled A coupe on 32 frame along with a number of other cars. In late 50’s he had a clean 50 Ford coupe that he ran a 348 Chevy in. Had the 35 Chevy std coupe with a 322 nailhead when I was born. Having a growing family, someone made him a good offer and it was the last he seen that car about 1965. He had a daily driver 51 F1 with a 283 Chevy with duntov cam in the late 60’s. Currently has a 40 deluxe coupe I picked up for him in late 80’s. 35 Chevy Coupe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Black_Sheep, loudbang and Lil32 like this.
  5. Nope he sure wasnt , was a mechanic by trade years ago. my granddad got me hooked on hot rods though.

loudbang likes this.
  6. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. Mama_Ratchet68

Mama_Ratchet68

Yes he is! He is the reason I’m one today!
    I have many fond memories of wrenching in the garage as a little girl, him doing burn outs in his hopped up v8 Mack Truck, going every weekend up to the drag strip in which both my dad and mom used to race, and now I’m on the other side being a mom that’s a hot rodder and so is my husband so my son is super lucky. My mom was a hot rodder too definitely remember getting pulled over in her maverick grabber when I was little and she got a ticket, she had a 59’ F100 that was really neat!!!! Oh the memories! My dad always had something fast but didn’t look that great, ran amazing but always needed a paint job! Here are some photos of my dad’s 57 Fords one drag car and one driver, and his 57’ Chevy i was allegedly conceived in haha!!

Attached Files:

8. From Muscle cars to vannin to chopped moter cycles and back to hot rods, Dad has been at it most of his life. 1967 bonnaville.jpg 20190627_170318.jpg Me & Dad in downers '09.jpg

9. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My dad was a Street Rodder. He did some drag racing when he was younger but I only knew him as a guy that preferred a mild small block and A/C over anything too radical.

I lost him in November, 2019; way too soon. He had many nice "drivers" over the years. I am proud to be the care taker of his '55.

20190718_153231.jpg

10. Mumbles

Mumbles
    from PNW

I'm the one in blue

nov68rpu1 (2).jpg

nov68rpu2 (2).jpg

11. us054382

us054382

My dad was NOT a hot rodder, my older brother was the hot rod hoodlum of the family, and drive dad nuts. I guess I caught the bug from brother. But I never pulled half the crap my brother did in the early 50, glad he lived to tell the stories.

loudbang likes this.