Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Body shop in eastern Massachusetts?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by raoul duke, Apr 5, 2021.

1. raoul duke

raoul duke
    from S.E. Mass

The ‘57 build is moving along, but the body shop I had lined up fell through about a month ago. Been calling around and everybody just wants insurance work. Not a lot to do, about a half dozen small rot spots to cut and patch, then sand, prime, and a decent 10 foot paint job. Sticking with the ‘60s hot rod meets ‘70s dirt track theme - so a little “rough” is ok.

Anybody know a place?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

There are a couple of shops...one in Walpole and the other in Norwood. The one in Norwood does lots of hot rods. But I don't think either will be interested in a 10 footer. Both shops are first class operations run by gentlemen. So if you decide to do a top notch job, I can personally vouch for either.

3. Truckedup

Truckedup

a decent oil paint and roller.....

4. raoul duke

raoul duke
    from S.E. Mass

Top notch is certainly fine, too! Please share their information when you have a minute. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

There is a small shop in Plymouth, MA, down the road from the Post Office.

6. bobd1976

bobd1976
    from Illinois

You will not find a reputable shop ( notice I said reputable) that will do a "10 footer" job. If you are ok with a "10 footer" do it yourself.

7. raoul duke

raoul duke
    from S.E. Mass

Bakers?

8. raoul duke

raoul duke
    from S.E. Mass

Understood. I said what I said because a lot the shops I’ve talked to seem to equate “old car” to 100 point restoration paint job. Just trying to convey that I’m not hard to please.

9. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

The two shops that I would never hesitate to use are Balabanis Auto repair, Main street Walpole and D&D auto body on Walpole street in Norwood. Balabanis did the paint on the 40 in my avatar, it won an award at a Goodguys show.

10. For what you are looking for, consider MAACO. Looks like there are four in Eastern Mass.

11. raoul duke

raoul duke
    from S.E. Mass

Thanks 1Great40, I appreciate your response. Found some good info about D&D and I’ll check out Balbanis as well. Very much appreciated!

12. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

I am not sure because I only drove by it last Summer on vacation. It is right across from the dirt road leading to the State Park, down from the Post Office.

13. Stooge

Stooge

I know a few custom/ hot rod shops who use D&D in Walpole for paint and it always looks great! Competition Specialties in Walpole does beautiful paint work, i dont know how far booked he is, as he does alot of full builds with show paint, but ive seen a few other local shops that are really only booking full builds lately.
    If the body is ready, and you just want it painted to look shiny and presentable, as Lothiandon mentioned, maaco would be hard to ignore, especially for the costs involved.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Perfection Auto body.
    Yes. Pete at Competition Specialites does incredible work.

lothiandon1940 and Stooge like this.
  15. Stooge

Stooge

I live the next town over from him, (Pete) and would always drool a bit when i'd see him out daily driving the candy red, twin turbo camaro he had. Im not always the biggest red car fan, or even of that style of car, but that thing was something special to see just driving around.

16. raoul duke

raoul duke
    from S.E. Mass

Thanks all, very much appreciated!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. greener200

greener200

I know of the shop. I have gone in and tried to talk to these guys .I guess I looked like I didn't have deep pockets and was ignored.
    Put

Sent from my SM-A215U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app