Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Lost my dad today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greener200, Apr 5, 2021.

1. greener200

greener200

Well , I'm really trying to keep it together. MY DAD passed away this morning at Sunrise.Fucking Cancer ate him up in 4 months .born in 41 , He served on the USS Patrick Henry. A Nuclear Sub out of Groton CT. 1958-62.He started his own Ornamental Iron business in 1965 building and installing railings all over New England.
    Long time member of the Boston Area Roadster Club .and the NSRA .. He and my nephew drove to the LA Roadster show in 2018 It was on his bucket-list .they said he was too OLD make the drive .....F that ! .He was my traveling partner to go look at cars all over the US.we drove to the NATS All through the late 90s and 2000s .The North East NSRA show in Burlington VT has been our show of choice .Been every year since 05.His 35 will stay in the family somehow. No arrangements as of yet
    ! Fast cars ,fast women. fast times.
    ITS A GO-A......NOT A SHOW-A

Carl E Peterson
    Going to miss you Pop 20210330_103236.jpeg 20210321_221623.jpeg IMG_02331.jpeg 20210330_102822.jpeg

Sent from my SM-A215U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry...... I'm glad you had time with him and enjoyed the same interests...There will never be a day you won't miss him.. my prayers are with you and your family...

loudbang, Stogy and Boneyard51 like this.
  3. Damn!- So sorry for your loss. Sounds like your Pop was a great Hot Rodder, teacher and an even better Dad. There are better times ahead honouring his memory and the many contributions he made to you and your family
    May he Rest In Peace.

4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

So sorry to hear this. You were a lucky guy with a dad like that.

5. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

My condolences on the loss of your dad. The good news is that you have great memories to reflect on. As time goes on it gets easier but from what I experience, even after 30 years I still miss my dad. Think how sad it would be if it didn’t affect you.

6. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

He sounded like a man of some quality. Sorry for your loss.

loudbang, Stogy and Boneyard51 like this.
  7. 61SuperMonza

61SuperMonza

Sorry to hear of your loss. Great dads are a special thing. Sounds like he was a big part of your life and his legacy will continue to be a inspiration to your family.

loudbang, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. 392

Never easy. Prayers to you and all that knew him.

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  9. AHotRod

AHotRod

Man, this sucks, I lot's my Pops to Cancer in 2008.
    May God Bless your family and bring you Grace and Peace as he does for me.

10. Sorry for your loss. Time helps heal the hurt you are feeling. Sounds like you had a great dad.

Sent from my SM-A102U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. God bless you and the family. RIP , lots of hot rod people for him to share his stories with in heaven.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

12. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Sucks, man! But you got to spend time with him! I spent time with me Dad, lost him7 years ago. It’s tough!

Bones

13. Bob Lowry

Bob Lowry

Sorry for your loss. I can tell your Dad did the right thing, since you miss him so much. Your memories will
    be what carries you through it, and there will be times you will cry just 'cause it hits you. That's the way it's
    supposed to be when two people love each as much as you obviously did. Don't know if you have kids of
    your own, but they are part of your legacy now. Love the memories and cherish every day.

14. perk03

perk03
    from VA

sorry for your loss man...my dad passed away 8 years ago tomorrow ...I really miss him and I'm sure you will miss your dad as well. enjoy the memories as I think about my dad all the time and everything he taught me...keep his legacy alive!

15. 1pickup

1pickup

So sorry for your loss. Please remember all the great times you had together. I lost my father when I was 20 & missed out on so much with him. Trying to hang around for my kids. Condolences.

16. williebill

williebill

Sorry for your loss. Your dad sounds like he was a good man, and a better father. I lost mine in 1995. I talk to him often, and wish I had his opinion on things in my life today. I still think about that just about every day.

17. catdad49

catdad49

Tough day for sure! Pop and I didn’t have a common hobby, but there are not many days that I don’t think about him ( been gone since’98). The Good memories Will overcome the sadness, but for now rest assured that you are not alone in your grief. All the Best, Carp.

18. It takes time to heal the heart break for you and your family & friends, your dad made a indelible mark and he will be remembered for being a good man, HRP

19. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

So sorry for your loss. May your pop rest in peace.

killbilly, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  20. ken bogren

ken bogren

Condolences to you and your whole family.
    Sounds like you had a great relationship with your Dad, and many great memories. That's going to help A LOT!

Thanks for sharing some of those good memories with us as well as the sadness at hand.

21. BJR

BJR

My condolences, sorry for your loss.

22. May God comfort you and your family with His unlimited love.
    Cherish those sweet memories, and make some new ones for those coming after you.

loudbang, Stogy and Joe Travers like this.
  23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Sincere sympathy goes out to you, and all of his Family and friends - great write up about him - just lost a second Cousin who was 99 - can never forget our time together

24. We spread out ashes this weekend for one of my wife’s grandmothers.
    Life gets real sometimes.
    Treasure the memories
    Love the ones you still have near you.

25. 39 Chev

39 Chev
    from Minnesota

My condolences. I lost my Dad 20 years ago at 67 from cancer, so I know how you feel. Still miss my Dad every day.

26. I lost my Dad when I was 6. Took me a few years to finally accept that he wasn't coming back. Glad you were able to have a good life with yours.

27. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

Greener, Blessings. Will look for the 35’ in Burlington, and say hello. Chin up sir.
    Dad sounded like a true American for sure.
    Stretch

28. Sad to hear that, my condolences to you & your family. Good to hear that you had quality time with your pops ,those are the best times ever. Nothing finer than cruising or working on an old ford with your dad.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  29. Fordors

Fordors

@greener200 the tribute to your Dad shows all of us what a great man he was and the road trips and events you attended together will make for wonderful memories.
    May he Rest In Peace.

30. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Sorry for your loss. It sounds like he was a hell of a guy. Lost my Dad 3 years ago. Like you we had a great relationship. Cherish the memories. There won't be a day that goes by that you don't think of him in some way or another.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Stogy like this.