Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Signal Stat 7 wire

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Chop50, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Chop50

Chop50

Hi All,
    Have installed a 7 wire 900 series Signal Stat in my car. All directional and flashers are working but for some reason I now have no brake lights. They were working before the Signal Stat install.
    One of the Signal Stat wires is now connected to the brake light switch.. All brake and directional lights are controlled through the Signal Stat and brake light switch correct? What am I missing??
    Thanks, Steve

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

grote-turn-signal-switch-wiring-diagram-golkit-in-signal-stat-900-wiring-diagram.jpg Check to see if you have the 4 way switch pushed into the on position before you do anything else .
    On Some turn signal switches including my Mom's 77 ford F250 if you have the 4 way switch in the on position the brake lights don't function. On that one I didn't have a flasher in it so I didn't know that neither was working.

Also, if you are running the flasher though a circuit that runs off the ignition switch the switch won't work without the key on.

Grote Turn Signal Switch Wiring Diagram - Golkit in Signal Stat 900 Wiring Diagram - Wiring Diagram And Schematic Diagram Images (tops-stars.com)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Signal stat diagram
    Still if that switch is good the only two things I can think of are that the 4 way switch is in the on position or you have the power wired though the ignition switch and don't have the key on.

Attached Files:

4. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

If the signals work then the brake lites should also work, there is 2 wires in and out of the brake switch, one being hot, the other to the brake lights, remove that wire from the filiments of the bulb, signal and brake now work on the same bulb filiment thru the sig stat, you are correct, connect the wire marked brake on the sig stat to where the wire to the bulb used to be.
    It does sound like you wired it correctly, might be a faulty sig stat controller.

5. Chop50

Chop50

The four way sig stat switch function is turned off, that part of the switch also works.Power is wired direct, not through the key. This in my Model A Ford, the 50 above has the same system and works perfectly.
    When I had just the brake lights through the harness stop lights were working. I disconnected the direct stop light connection and replaced with sis stat wire (gray with black tracer I think). Figuring all stop and signal lights are wired through the sig stat but regular tail lights still wired through regular lighting circuit.
    Also, there is a red wire with blue tracer coming out of the sig stat. Not sure where that one goes and unable to find it in a schematic reference.
    Steve

6. Chop50

Chop50

Hi All,
    Firstly thanks for all the feedback on this. I resolved the problem by by-passing the adapted old harness and ran a wire from the brake light switch directly to the signal stat. All is now well and everything working.

Thanks Again, Steve

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    kadillackid and TrailerTrashToo like this.