Register now to get rid of these ads!

mas racing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by doubledawg, Aug 4, 2006.

1. What is the quality like on their axles and springs? They seem pretty cheap for everything you're getting. I see their ads in the mags and I really have to wonder what the catch is. Opinions? Experiences?

2. JimSibley

JimSibley

I have been buying speedway set ups for years. last month I bought 3 from mas. The shackles, hardware and bolts were all JUNK!!!!I will now go back to speedway and pay the extra money.

3. Ruiner

Ruiner

I'd be interested in hearing other opinions...I've often wondered how good their stuff was, and it's local...there are a few things I've been meaning to pick up, but if it's all crap maybe I'll just go to another supplier...anyone got good things to say?

4. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

most of the good shit you get from mas is from speedway with there labels still on it and still in the speedway boxes. as for what i got from them it was the worst i have gotten and took 6 weeks to get it and when i talked to richard the owner he lied and said it shipped yada yada and it hadnt. i just bought two more frontend set ups from speedway this week and are doing the 55 gasser now with whats left of the mas. rant rant....:eek: oh and with speedway i order by 1pm and it is here tomorrow at 10 am ...always

5. reverb2000

reverb2000
    from Houston TX

ya know, it usually works out, you get what you pay for...weird huh

6. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

very true i went there because i had heard right here how well they took care of you and how good the product was and i needed a custom length axle and they will do that, it however had not be honed after welding the ends on and i had to do that to get a kingpin in it and i mean about ten thousands or so ..............:cool:

7. scoop

scoop

I will never buy another axle from MAS as said before it was junk.Speedway gets my business on my next axle.

8. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Go Speedway.... nuff said

9. Dugg

Dugg

I sent 3 bucks for a MAS catalog and got garbage. A rip-off.

I got a twenty year old catalog with the original shop name crossed out and a note saying to call long distance for current price and availability. Also included was a generic catalog of fucking Jeep and truck accessories.

MAS' ad in Street Rodder all they offer for rods (t-buckets) as that ad is a copy from their 20 year old catalog. In fact, it's easier reading the ad in SR because it's bigger than in the catalog.

From the catalog rip-off, my impression is MAS is totally unworthy of any consideration. If I were interested in competing with MAS, I'd open a shop across the street from them.

10. chad

chad

I bought a few things from MAS and they had speedway stickers (LOL) no kidding!

11. raffman

raffman

Seems to me there was a thread awhile back that stated MAS made the s/a for speedway. I know MAS makes their own and pretty sure speedway has no fab shop. I've had no problems with MAS stuff, it is what it is.

12. 19thBreakdown

19thBreakdown

I've been wondering about MAS, too, but I've been turned off by one simple point.

This is 2006, and they don't even have a website. If they can't keep up with the times, it says something about them.

13. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

Speedway doesn't have a Fab Shop??? you got to be kidding!!! you need to visit there if you think they are a little repackage resaler.
    MAS screwed me over several years ago,I don't know anyone that has been pleased with their stuff.

14. KustomF100

KustomF100
    from Joliet, IL

Speedway in fact has quite the fab shop.In addition to most of their chassis parts,roll cage kits,etc..they also manufacture all of their windshield frames in house.Speedway is a truly amazing place that one has to see in order to appreciate.