Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Anyone in Oz remember a channeled 1932 Chev Roadster?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by andydodge, Apr 2, 2021.

1. I know this is a long shot but in the late 60's/early 70's a mate bought a 1932 Chev Roadster that had been built as a nice channeled car. When purchased it was less engine/gearbox but had mounts etc for a 272/292 Ford Y block..........the car was complete apart from the engine & gearbox, had the original Chev parallel front springs & chev axle with a transverse Ford rear spring and mid 50's(?) Ford rear axle, all suspension and backing plates were chromed.
    ...........The car was painted a dark metallic blue with black upholstery and a full set of gauges across the dash. It was running chromed reversed rims front & back.........the mate that owned it got into various substances and the car got sold in the mid 70's..........
    ..........I never took a pic of it and have wondered if any Oz based rodders remember the car as my memory says it was a nice show quality car back then..............we lived in the southern Sydney suburb of Rockdale and the car would have been purchased somewhere nearby............thanks Andy Douglas

midroad likes this.
  2. Well it,s of to the CustomRodder pile up in the attic then :cool:. Thats the early Aussie version from Castlemaine.
    CR-no1-cover.jpg

3. Found a 1929 Chevrolet channeled roadster in Custom Rodder # 9. December 1969. Fits the description given except for the chrome wheels and colour. Now to see if the pdf works,o_O Nope :oops:

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  4. Guess that did,nt work. Now for a screenshot from my PC.
    Screenshot_2021-05-04 hotrod 1-1 pdf.png Screenshot_2021-05-04 hotrod 2 pdf.png

5. 34GAZ..........with the benefit of 45 yrs or so I think thats the car........when my mate had it it was a nice dark metallic blue and I don't remember the bucket seats but the rest of the interior was there, nor were there any exhaust tailpipes...........Forestville is a northern suburb of Sydney, we lived on the southern side but thats not an issue but the chassis setup with the original semi elyptic front springs and transverse rear springs looks like an exact match........I wonder what happened to it?..........many thanks for your perserverance, its appreciated......Andy Douglas..........

6. Kevin Murphy. I knew Kevin, we were in the same club. He died some years ago.