Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bootheel Fuel and Gas Drags, Sikeston Mo.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by swade41, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Should be a heck of show, Sept 3rd & 4th at Jeffers Motorsports Park in Sikeston Mo.

1/8 mile nostalgia drag racing

a car show

a swap meet !

I've already seen some pretty cool cars pre registered, make your plans !

38636.jpeg

Some of the pre registered cars

FB_IMG_1617167186826.jpg FB_IMG_1617167279111.jpg FB_IMG_1617167260773.jpg FB_IMG_1617167239085.jpg FB_IMG_1617167210174.jpg FB_IMG_1617167200412.jpg FB_IMG_1617167176544.jpg FB_IMG_1617167133992.jpg FB_IMG_1617167158365.jpg

Stogy, AHotRod, Just Gary and 10 others like this.
  2. Packrat

Packrat

Cool, thanks for posting this!

bob b. likes this.
  3. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

entrants get a free year's supply of "throwed rolls"!

bob b., lemondana, egads and 2 others like this.
  4. Thanks for posting...how can I get info on the swap meet

chryslerfan55 likes this.

5. SPEC

SPEC

I remember going there in the 60s, they have a great track.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. Throwed rolls? Heeeeeeey, are you trying to start a food fight?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Stogy and MO54Frank like this.
  7. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Tossed rolls these days. Lambert's does have good food though.

8. More pre registered cars and yes Lamberts has great food served in a unique style. Couple days ago I bought some Kings Hawaiian sweet rolls and black strap molasses thinking it would be like there, that molasses was horrible !

FB_IMG_1617295225349.jpg

Stogy, Max Gearhead, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  9. 20210401_125109.jpg

Stogy, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. lake_harley

lake_harley

A word of advice about Lamberts. If you aren't ready to catch a "throwed roll" DO NOT look at the person throwing the rolls, much less make eye contact with them!

I only live about 60 miles from Lamberts and have only been there two times. I think it might be a bigger deal for folks traveling through than locals, but I can only speak for myself.

On the drags....is that Jeffers putting on the show and promoting it, or is it some outside group? I've been at that track once in a while from the late 60's till now. It's w-a-y nicer now than it was when I was a teenager! I'd guess the track has been in existence for nearly 60 years, if not longer.

Lynn

11. Very cool, wish I was closer. With all the track closings lately, it’s nice to see this.

12. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Hello everyone. I am involved in the production of this race. My name is Brian and I build a few front engine dragsters everynow and then. The track owner Larry Jeffers wanted a nostalgia race held at his track . So he contacted me and a couple of friends here in the St.Louis Mo area to help.
    So what we deciede to do is put together a Vintage style drag race. 1966 and eariler which is popular and successfull with other races. So we thought we would give it a go. I will be the first to say we are new at this so please be patient we are learning as we go.
    Where... Jeffers Motorsports Park Sikeston MO A very nice 1/8th mile dragstrip ! The track has concrete walls. And a brand new shower house for the racer that likes to stay at the track. There are motels located in near by Sikeston MO or Cape Girardeau MO.
    When ..... September 3rd and 4th 2021
    This is a gruge style race divided into 5 classes and a trophy given to the fastest MPH in each class.
    AND a King of the Heel trophy for Low E.T. of the whole event!!
    There is also a "Outlaw Nostalgia Exhibition" class for the baddest of the bad Nostalgia cars that have wheel tubs but are pretty much period looking.
    There will also be a hat drawing of the racers numbers to win prizes. How many prizes all up in the air right now. But we have a few great ones donated from some great business'! And are talking to a few more right now.
    We will announce these in the near future.
    There will be a car show on the spectator side of the track parking area. And a swap meet there also. Both of these are just a pay your spectator fee of $10 a day . Show off your car or sell some crap and walk over and watch us idiots everyone now and then.
    Please share any info with your nostalgia friends that "get it".

Lets have some fun , race and make new friends.

If you want to race please send a email with a pic of your car , a discription of it, with your name and contact info to [email protected]

13. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

I would also like to say thanks to SWADE41 for starting this thread.

Stogy, loudbang and swade41 like this.
  14. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

it's a restaurant called lamberts. wait staff walks by and throws rolls to you.

Stogy, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. I see.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  16. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

17. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stogy likes this.
  18. lemondana

lemondana
    from Lincoln NE

We usually stop at the Lambert's in Ozark, just south of Springfield. Are they completely open again? It's been several years since I've stopped. Get a dozen rolls to go, you won't have many left, when you get home!

Stogy likes this.
  19. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

Were bringing 3 cars for sure. Looking forward to it. I love these real vintage style races.

Stogy likes this.
  20. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

Anything I have listed for sale can be delivered in person at sikeston

21. JPElcamino

JPElcamino
    from Arnold MO.

The Bootheel Drags is less than 2 weeks away. Attached is the schedule for the event.

Attached Files:

22. SOA-Nova

SOA-Nova

Couple more days and the weather is looking good.

23. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

Is there race fuel available at the track? Sunoco 110 and 112

24. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

There will be a limited amount of race fuel and alcohol there.

rocketsled59 likes this.
  25. lake_harley

lake_harley

There's been mention of a swap meet. Will it be in some designated area or more random throughout the entire grounds?

I live about 55 miles North of Sikeston and plan to be there at least one day, maybe both. Looking forward to it.

Friday is my birthday and I'll turn 69 years old. Anyone want to buy me a hamburger?:rolleyes::D

Lynn

Added - After another look at the thread and the schedule posted a few posts back it appears the swap meet is on the spectator entrance side?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  26. lake_harley

lake_harley

Heading to Sikeston in a couple hours! Looking forward to some drag racing like it was when I was much younger.:D

Lynn

27. Dennis D

Dennis D

Thinking of making the trip down tomorrow. What's the weather looking like for Sat? D