Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Swap Meet this weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Mar 31, 2021.

1. The Commerce Georgia 3-Day Swap Meet is this weekend! April 1-3; that’s Thursday, Friday and Saturday!

We will let vendor start lining up outside the showfield gate on Wednesday. Gates open an 7am on Thursday, and we secure the property at 5… ish. We’re not going to kick anybody out.

We’ll have security on-site each night, so vendors can leave their stuff set up.

REGISTRATION IS STILL OPEN! And Still Only $100.
    We had several vendors say they were confused over the price structure… there were a few reasons for it, and I’ve figured them out.
    But in the meantime, we’re going to keep the pre-registration open for the next week, and hold the price at $100 per vendor vehicle, rather than $150.

Same with the $60 car corral spaces.

Honestly, part of it is also because Charlotte screwed over so many vendors, I don’t need to make it look like I’m jumping on the pocket-picking band wagon.

We’ll work it out next time.

Pre-registered wristbands:
    Technology hates me; Computer, printer and cell phone all gave me issues in the last three weeks.
    The PLAN was for wrist-bands to go out last week. Didn’t happen.

So to make sure nobody has their wristbands get crossed in the mail, we will have everyone’s wristbands in envelopes at the main vendor gate, with your name on them.

I’ll walk the line of vehicles on Wednesday and hand them out to vendors, and will try to get that done on Thursday morning too, before we open the gate—it won’t change anything on your end; passing them out ahead of time will simply make the line move faster (which we’re usually pretty good at.)

The envelopes will be labeled and alphabetized by your last name at the gate, so all you’ll need to do is pull up, give your name, and in 15 seconds you’ll have your envelope with the wrist bands.
    Not my preferred way of doing this, but I’m still working some of the kinks out of this whole 3-Day Show thing.

You will need to put your wrist-bands on to come-and-go during the event; just holding them up as you drive through the gate (after getting them that first time), won’t do it. Vendor and Crew wrist bands are specific colors, and won’t be recognized through the spectator gate… all vendors and crew will need to go through the Vendor gate.

Golf Carts:
    They’re allowed, but please tie a tin can to the front and drag it on the ground to let everyone know you’re coming up behind them. They’re a huge source of injuries.

COVID stuff:
    Covid is still a thing, so keep Social Distancing in mind.

Georgia does not require masks.

Don’t sneeze on people, and no licking parts until you purchase them.

Thank you for your attention on these matters.

3-Day Spectator Passes:
    Spectators can save five bucks with a 3-day pass purchase on Thursday! Spread the word!

2. Budget36

Budget36

I like the “no licking parts till you buy them”!

3. It takes all kinds.:D HRP

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Good luck! Have a Great Time! POST PHOTOS! Thanks to everyone working on making this event happen!

Bob

3W JOHN likes this.

5. You have to know the owner of the swapmeet. That's how he marks his parts

3W JOHN, HOTRODPRIMER and Budget36 like this.
  6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  7. Pardon my curiosity @HOTRODPRIMER, but which parts are you referring to exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

8. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

How else do you call dibbs

3W JOHN, HOTRODPRIMER and Budget36 like this.
  9. Budget36

Budget36

Well, you could reach into the back of your pants, do a little scratching, then pick out the part...just saying;)

10. Just referring to people, especially practical jokers. HRP

3W JOHN and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. Makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3W JOHN likes this.
  12. That would be Brad's unique sense of humor :D

It's looking to be a great weekend- I have "digital learning days" tomorrow and Friday, so have to sit at my desk until 4pm those days, but will pop up after that.

3W JOHN and Budget36 like this.
  13. exterminator

exterminator

We need to see pictures afterwards- been so long!:(

3W JOHN and ramblin dan like this.
  14. Dropped my middle "not-so-little" Yank (Daniel is a high school sophomore now- he was born the year we moved to GA) off at the dragstrip this morning to help out, and the vendors were lined up at both gates, all the way out to the street- looks like it's gonna be a great swap meet :D

Weather will be DRY all three days- COME ON OUT!!!

PS- I can't get there until about 5:30-6pm today and tomorrow, so if other local HAMBers are coming, please take pics and share them on this thread

3W JOHN and The37Kid like this.
  15. Just got a text from Brad- said the swap is huge, vendor-wise, and that the spectator count is bigger than he ever expected for a Thursday!

3W JOHN and The37Kid like this.
  16. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

I don't know if I want to see pictures of people 238.jpg licking parts. This sign on my table at a swap meet works pretty good.

17. I use to take this sign at swap meets. HRP

il_1140xN.1023883881_8w3b.jpg

3W JOHN and ramblin dan like this.
  18. Here's a little more of Brad's humor- he has a number of these around and each is different:

upload_2021-4-1_14-27-20.jpeg

19. Went to pick up the boy this afternoon, and there were about 300 vendors set up! More came in tonight after hours, and Brad said more are coming tomorrow- looks like it's gonna be a fun weekend :D

20. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Especially if buying a female mannequin.

Budget36 likes this.
  21. All kidding aside Folks. I was told today that every available spot is taken This should be a good Swap Meet

weps and 3W JOHN like this.
  22. Budget36

Budget36

Ya know them blow up dolls are cheaper in the long run, or so I’ve been told. No real experience, honest. I read it on the internet, ya, the internet.

3W JOHN likes this.
  23. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not to jump in on some one else's post. Maple Grove Dragway swap meet is Saturday. Not sure how it will be, being Easter weekend. It's usually very large. Just outside of Reading PA. Gene.

3W JOHN likes this.
  24. Kewl Bus- there's still room, but it's filling up :D

3W JOHN likes this.
  25. This is a big place, I know Brad will find additional space somewhere. HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  26. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I was there yesterday morning and it's the biggest one I have been to in Commerce.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  27. jim snow

jim snow

Is this venue going away? Asking for a friend. Snowman

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  28. chopped

chopped

Pics or it didn't happen, you know the drill.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  29. No, Brad started this swap meet a long time ago and it was originally held at Lanier Speedway in Braselton, Georgia later it was moved to Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, Georgia and has continues to get bigger.

This is the scheduled for the rest of the year. HRP

Swap Meet Dates for 2021
    May 1 (Pedal To The Metal Bicycle Feature)
    June 5
    July 3
    August 7
    September 4
    October: 7-9 Fall Commerce 3-Day

3W JOHN and jim snow like this.
  30. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Danny, I've been hearing and reading stuff about NHRA selling the property and that Brad may have to move for 2022.