Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Images of tri-five Ford's...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1stGrumpy, Oct 30, 2020.

1. atomickustom

atomickustom

I keep hoping to see my Dad's '56 Victoria in this thread. He sold it around 1986 so I'm sure things have changed but it had a maroon '65 Thunderbird interior in it, along with the 390 from the same t-bird, painted maroon to match the interior. The car was maroon and off-white back then.
    Last known location was Chicago.
    Sorry, no photos.

Sent from my SM-G981V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

loudbang likes this.
  3. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

That white and pink car with the Meteor trunk emblem and side trim seems a little weird. The '56 hardtops had a lower roofline like th Ebla know and white car next to it so I think somebody laid '56 trim on a '55 body.

4. Wait a minute here, I've been thinking. I fully understand that everything Automotive MUST have a classification or recognition phrase attached to keep the simple minded from getting confused. This classification (images-of-tri-five-fords.) is in need of correction. I believe it should be Twin years, not Tri-5 years. It is correct for the Chevy line being that 54 was totally different and 58 was once again a Total change even if 57 did have Fins. I think Tri 5 in the Ford line is 57-58 &59. If your going to include the 57 in with 55 & 56 then you must bring in the 58 as well and change the classification to "Quad 5" being the 58 was just a re dressed 57. Then leave the 59 all alone like the 58 Chevy. I'm good with that being the 59 was the Ugly step sister to the 57 & 58 Fords.

31hotrodguy likes this.
  5. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

It's the call of the OP, 1stGrumpy for this one, to decide what's to be posted when starting a new thread. If you go back a few posts/pages, you will find that this has already been discussed. Personally, I like his choices. Ron

54delray and loudbang like this.
  6. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

210superair and 1stGrumpy like this.
  7. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

W T F C

loudbang likes this.

8. I just found his clarification and fully agree. I just didn't have any fresh photos to share and nothing better to do over my Morning cup of Coffee.

9. mikeymike

mikeymike

Very sleek roofline. Hard to tell it started out as a 4 door sedan.

Skickat från min iPhone med H.A.M.B.

loudbang likes this.
  10. mikeymike

mikeymike

Partly true. The definition is based on the Tri-Chevy; but fits the twoseater Thunderbird very well.

Skickat från min iPhone med H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55 and 31hotrodguy like this.
  11. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The reason for the Tri-5-Fords being 55-56-57 in my opinion is no one or very few give a s**t about a 58 or 59 and none were big blocks.....Just a thought.....

chryslerfan55, loudbang and 1stGrumpy like this.
  12. The pink and white 56 Meteor in the background is a four door hardtop, different roof line than the Victoria two door hardtop.