Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects C&G Ford Parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Joe Travers, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Joe Travers

Joe Travers
    from Louisiana

Any of you cats have any feedback on C&G Ford Parts in Cali? Looks like a real deal Mom and Pop outfit with great stock of hard-to-find stuff. Tired of bigger outfits and their cheap stuff. Been nickel and diming several dealers to flush out the bad ones. Most sell ill-fitting, knock-off poop that doesn't even look original! Enjoy the hunt but tired of the rip-off. Thanks!

Joe

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Fogger

Fogger

I've purchased many parts from C&G and never had a problem with quality, shipping or communication.

3. I have had good luck with C&G, and also the Early Ford Store of San Dimas, which is also a good family owned small business.

4. Special Ed

Special Ed

The C & G stands for Clyde and Gail, the founders (yep, a real deal mom & pop). Two of the nicest folks on the planet. They eventually retired, and their daughter now runs it (or did?). I haven't needed to visit there in awhile, but they are super knowledgeable and super helpful people. Good company. ;)

5. It's ALL repo everywhere. Most companies are just resellers of other companies that make the parts. I think what you should look for in a company if they don't make their own parts is the return policy, some will charge a restocking fee or if you want to support a local small shop.

That being said, I use them for stuff I want to buy new repo (like rubber products). They are fair priced and ship fast. The last batch of products I bought from them (rubber parts) were a mix of Dennis Carpenter and Vintique Inc and the fit was as expected.

chryslerfan55 and Joe Travers like this.
  6. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

C&G is down the freeway from me and I have bought parts from them. Both for my '39 p/u and '54 Ranch Wagon. Great store to visit. I'm sure I will buy from them in the future but my go to is Joe's Antique Auto Parts in Uxbridge, MA. Fair prices and lightning fast ship at more than fair prices. Joe is a real flathead V8 guy and knows his stuff.as does his staff. Won't sell you something that won't work or you don't need. If he doesn't have it he'll tell you who to call to see it they have it.

7. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Great outfit!

Joe Travers likes this.
  8. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bought parts for my 56 from them, never had a glitch. Other’s too so for the most part I’m happy with suppliers. Prestige T-Bird and Larry’s are close and Concours in Carson City has been very fair with me. Tee Products in the East has steered me in the right direction not to waste $$$.

Joe Travers likes this.
  9. Joe Travers

Joe Travers
    from Louisiana

If it isn't used or NOS, yep.
    Appreciate the positive feedback and other good leads, everyone. :)

Joe

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have bought a lot of parts from C&G over the years--always quick shipping and excellent service

11. I found some great stuff at a place called Red's Vitage Parts in Fort Bragg, CA.
    Spoke with them on the phone. ReL nice folks. Seems like a real deal mom and pop as well.
    As far as I can tell he only deals in NOS, NORS or Good used parts.
    It seems his inventory is always changing as well.
    Here is the web site.
    Chappy

https://reds-vintage-parts.com/store/category/56-flathead-ford-new

12. patterg2003

patterg2003

I recently ordered parts from C&G. They told me the parts were in stock and gave me the shipping options. Then they sent my order with tracking and notified me that if was on its way. C&G were great to deal with and really appreciated the open communication.

13. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Sounds like philosophy of the operation continues after C&G retired. Too often the business is sold and the ethos goes into the dumpster!

Joe Travers likes this.
  14. tombstone

tombstone
    from sk.canada

1st time I dealt withC&G was back in November 20 , actually talked with a real person who took the time to find the part I needed, measured it to confirm it was the correct item, I placed the order which consisted of many pieces, all in stock , shipped when they said, and I received in a very timely manner considering the Covid slow downs . And I’m in Canada. Excellent folks to deal with ‼️

15. Fabulous50's

Fabulous50's
    from Maine

I've spent some coin with C&G, and was treated well. Have been a repeat customer.

Joe Travers likes this.
  16. bob b.

bob b.
    from peoria az.

i have had good luck with them

Joe Travers likes this.
  17. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

C and G are great people to deal with.
    Never had an issue in all the years of buying from them

Joe Travers likes this.
  18. I'll add my 2 cents, C & G is one of my go to's for parts for my '56. Good people to deal with.

Joe Travers likes this.
  19. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great folks o deal with. I've bought a ton of stuff from C&G:D

20. I've found they usually have hard to find parts no one else has, I have used them several times. HRP

21. Joe Travers

Joe Travers
    from Louisiana

That's exactly how I found them. Did a deep dive search for a very small part I needed and they are the only supplier found with authentic part. I'm gonna slide, you guys just made my day.
    Muchas gracias!

Joe

chryslerfan55, stillrunners and F-ONE like this.
  22. Always good.

Joe Travers likes this.
  23. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

They carry good parts. I recently ordered some bearings, races and seals....they were all top quality Timken stuff. They have good pricing. The local "out of stock" box stores charge as much or more for generic mystery stuff.

Years ago the local independent Parts Store charged me 40 bucks for 2 axle seals on my F1. C and G had the same parts for $10.00. That's when I quit supporting the local guy because he had no interest in supporting me. They made the 30 dollar profit but a outfit like C and G will get my business from now on. These are the folks that need our support.

Make a list....make a order and save money. You have to consider the multiple dry trips you make to local box store.

C and G has a great web sight too.

I'll repeat...outfits like these are top shelf and need our support. We need suppliers like these once they are gone, they are gone.

24. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i agree. a mom&pop operation, nice people, good service and some stuff that's hard to find elsewhere!

Joe Travers and chryslerfan55 like this.
  25. Crayons

Crayons

What I found, was that the people answering the phones drive old cars too.

Joe Travers and chryslerfan55 like this.
  26. I have had nothing but First Class service from them

Joe Travers likes this.
  27. petew

petew
    from Mebane, NC

C&G is great to deal with and they ship parts to me faster from California than Dennis Carpenter does and he is just 100 miles away from me.
    And they are very helpful on the phone .

Joe Travers likes this.
  28. Joe Travers likes this.
  29. fabricator john

fabricator john
    from venice fl.

i love them , had a co worker order a windshield gasket from brand soft for a 54 ford wagon it fit like poo i looked at the c&g site and they had one ,,,, (wait for it ) (pro tip coming up) lookin at the site i saw that the part has a FORD PART NUMBER ,, (stay with me) well ford wont let you use their numbers unless they approve the part ,, and the new gasket fit like a glove ,,, lesson taught factory part number factory approved part ,, most of their parts do .. funny i got their catalog in the mail today go figure ,,smiles for miles
    fabricator john
    miss you dad

F-ONE, pprather and Joe Travers like this.
  30. rusty valley

rusty valley

Always good to me, nice folks, car people that can answer a question on the phone

Joe Travers likes this.