Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 Cameo Seat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hogbud, Mar 31, 2021.

?
  1. Keep it original

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Seems complicated

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hogbud

Hogbud

Hello again. The Cameo should be heading to paint in 2-3 weeks. Can't wait for the Hydroglide to get completed.

Now I am working on the seat, question, is the back seat suppose to be covered or when flipped forward, only see the springs? Been looking, cannot find that specific. The Cameo seat kit did not come with it, thinking to keep original, should not put one on if not from factory.
    Any thoughts appreciated.

Hope all are healthy!
    Dan G

2. squirrel

squirrel

Chevy didn't cover them, although they did in later years, I recall...like in the later 60s.

I left my springs exposed in my 59, I haven't had any complaints from the peanut gallery about it.

olscrounger likes this.
  3. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I’ve searched every resource I have and cannot find any information on a hydroglide transmission.
    But the 55 Cameo pickup I had didn’t have the back of the seat covered; Neither did the 56 GMC I had.

4. yellow dog

yellow dog
    from san diego

We had a 55 in the late 50's........Hydramatic (1-2, 1-3, 1-4 selector) It had the back of the seat
    covered, but the friend we bought it from did auto upholstery

5. squirrel

squirrel

hopefully the builder isn't mixing Hydramatic and Powerglide parts on this one!

jimmy six likes this.
  6. I had a '56 and a '58 Cameo..both with stock upholstery, neither had the back of the seat covered.