Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Halibrand 101

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by SlowPoke Rodriguez, Mar 29, 2021.

1. SlowPoke Rodriguez

SlowPoke Rodriguez

I have a Halibrand 101, the gear lock/ engage shaft has a small seal that is leaking. Does anyone have knowledge on how to remove the shaft and replace the seal. You can see the brass ring and seal in the picture. It also looks like the shaft may be threaded where it goes they the fork plate. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  2. fabricator john

fabricator john
    from venice fl.

http://www.rfcarlson.com/ is around the corner or so from the shop they have every seal there is period ,,, smart folks too , you can work a micrometer they can sell ya what you need , lots of places like them around the country may be one near you ,,,
    fabricator john
    miss you dad

Deuces likes this.
  3. loudbang

loudbang

Deuces likes this.
  4. inthweedz

inthweedz

No need to remove the shaft..
    That ''brass ring'' as you call it, looks like it's the outer seal housing to me..
    I would center punch the ''brass ring'' (outer seal) and carefully drill a 1/16'' hole, just thru it, screw in a long self tapping screw, and pull/lever it out with pliers..

loudbang likes this.

5. SlowPoke Rodriguez

SlowPoke Rodriguez

Thank you,
    Just need to find a new seal. I will give Hotrod Works a call and see if they have a replacement.

loudbang likes this.
  6. are you going to be using the In/Out portion of the QC? If not I would contact HotRod works and get a one piece jack shaft. Then you can install a blank plate and remove the problems all together.

loudbang likes this.
  7. ghalperin

ghalperin

Please share the seal part number when you figure it out. I have the same 101 and plan on keeping the in/out for flat towing.

loudbang likes this.
  8. SlowPoke Rodriguez

SlowPoke Rodriguez

Found the seals at McGuire Brearing.

Attached Files:

loudbang and 30tudor like this.
  9. SlowPoke Rodriguez

SlowPoke Rodriguez

HotRod Works wasn’t able to help out. He did suggest a bearing or seal company should have something.

Jet96 and loudbang like this.