Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1960 Chrysler New Yorker Rustoration

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BrandonBerkosky01, May 5, 2017.

1. Glad you're back posting. Congrats on all of your life's events.
    Four years? Whew, time flies!

2. SEAAIRE354

SEAAIRE354

Wow I can’t believe it’s been 4 years. Congrats on the baby. Looking forward to seeing more progress.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. chriseakin, brEad, williebill and 3 others like this.
  4. wvenfield

wvenfield

Glad to see you back at it.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  5. Really don’t know what it’s supposed to look like but who cares?? Haha. Can only see so much zooming in with google images. Just kind of blending it all in and making nice lines.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chriseakin, brEad, williebill and 8 others like this.
  6. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

And we're back! Congratulations on all your new life changes, and welcome back!

7. Here’s some photos of world headquarters. Bought it last July.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

50x72

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got some badass yard are. 40s autocar wrecker.
    Saved it from the shear

[​IMG]

8. Squablow

Squablow

Damn, that shop looks huge! I'm hoping to build a new building this year, and what I wouldn't give for that much space. It'd already be jammed full probably.

fauj, williebill and BrandonBerkosky like this.
  9. I thought I would never fill it and I was tripping over stuff a few months in.

10. RodStRace

RodStRace

Basic shop physics, the amount of stuff you have will (over)fill the space you acquire!:cool:

[​IMG]

fauj, chriseakin, cfmvw and 7 others like this.
  11. matt-miles

matt-miles

Man, I feel like I’ve walked into the party and everyone’s about to leave! What an inspiring build!

I wish I’d come across it a few years ago! I am truest in awe of you and what you’ve done already man!

I too know how life can get in the way, but I’m glad to see you’re getting back at it!

Can’t wait to see more!

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  12. CURSED GEARS

CURSED GEARS

Glad to see you back!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  13. Got a chance to wrap up the body lines on the wheel well. Just have to weld/Tig braze it in.

IMG_3217.JPG

IMG_3216.JPG

40two, Peanut 1959, brEad and 9 others like this.
  14. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

Glad to see you got a nice new building and your making headway on the Chrysler still, good on you.

Cliff Ramsdell

15. Squablow

Squablow

Nice to see this still moving along. All those little edges and patches take a lot of time and patience.

16. Glad to see you posting progress again! Whoohoo!

BrandonBerkosky likes this.
  17. In some unworldly turn of events the planets have aligned and I have procured a parts car for the car that wasn’t even worthy of being a parts car. 4 years too late but still a lot of goodies that will really help me.
    Best part is it was 9 miles from me.

IMG_3291.JPG

IMG_3287.JPG

I remember seeing this car on the road when I was a kid.

She will live on in mine.

18. Squablow

Squablow

The green one doesn't look like it was too bad when it came apart, that's a shame, but at least you'll be able to use the best of 2 now. Is any of the sheetmetal from the green car going to make it to the red car, or is the metalwork too far along to bother swapping stuff out at this point?

19. It was a daily driver and this guy took it apart to restore it quickly gave up. Unfortunately I’m so far in to my body I won’t be using much of the sheet metal. I’m really excited about the rear panel between the tail lights. Mine is so far gone and this one is perfect. That’s going to save me 50 hours.
    I’m also really excited about the complete interior with manual crank windows. Good bumpers. And lots of spare parts all in labeled bags.
    As for the hood fenders doors and trunk lid mine are all sitting in epoxy primer waiting for paint. So these will be spares.

Squablow, TrailerTrashToo and AndersF like this.
  20. Squablow

Squablow

Shame that green one had to get ripped apart like that by the previous owner but I'm glad you ended up with it and not the scrap man, and it'll be nice to be able to use the best of all the pieces and also have spares, nice to know you've got extra fenders and whatnot available if anything happens to your car once it's on the road.

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  21. Now that the green one is in my shop and I can actually look at it it’s pretty well gone. Marginally better than what I started with in some areas. Worse than our car in others. However, like any good parts car there is still pretty plenty of treasure.
    I’m going to cut out the whole rear section between the tail lights and graft it into my car along with the rear dog leg on the driver side. The hood trunk and doors are in amazing shape and they have the manual window cranks that we needed.
    The fenders are pretty much the same as what I started with.
    The bumpers were a major score. I had no rear bumper at all. Now I have a decent rear bumper and a beautiful bumper from a car out west for the front.
    Also, complete interior including decent door panels. All chrome trim labeled.

IMG_3401.JPG

IMG_3405.JPG

IMG_3403.JPG

IMG_3406.JPG

IMG_3407.JPG

IMG_3409.JPG

IMG_3410.JPG

22. Parts are already proving useful. One less panel I have to make.

IMG_3481.JPG

23. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love your orange Binder!

24. Started the driver side dog leg and it killed me to do it but I went out and lopped off a big piece of the parts car. I hate to cut up any car but sometimes one must die so another can live. It’s a lot better than what I had. A nice head start.
    My car was also hit right there so it’s nice having some straight metal to work with.
    Now I have to drill out all the welds and get this thing into pieces so I can blend it into my car.

IMG_3987.JPG

IMG_3985.JPG

IMG_3988.JPG

25. Here’s another good shot of what I started with.

IMG_3949.JPG

26. Squablow

Squablow

Yikes, old shit's lookin' rough. Good use of the parts car, at least one car will get built out of this, nice to see this project still getting picked away at.

27. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

This is a great project. Thankfully, for as much as the body has fought you, the drivetrain is basic big block Mopar and won't put up too much of a fight in that regard. I'm looking forward to seeing progress on this one.

28. now the fun task of patching the patches. I’m ok with it. There’s a lot more to work with than what I had before. Less guessing.

IMG_4003.JPG

IMG_4002.JPG

IMG_4001.JPG

IMG_3993.JPG

brEad, Peanut 1959, rjgideon and 5 others like this.
  29. Glad to see you're plugging along. An old adage I use when working on stuff up here,
    "Not the best, but better than the rest" That's in reference to the patch pieces we need to use with non-mainstream vehicles, not the quality of the work.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021