Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Mad Mikey Accident

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mad mikey, Mar 20, 2021.

1. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

"You got this Mikey"
    We've seen what you can do, you can do it again!

You just gotta get in the mood!
    upload_2021-3-24_14-43-45.png

2. Thanks for the post. Keep pushing forward, but continue taking care of yourself.

loudbang, chevy57dude, Lil32 and 5 others like this.
  3. Don't get on here every day so I'm late as usual.
    Just glad that you were not hurt any worse. All prayers for you to get better quickly. Hope that you have good insurance on yourself & the rod.
    I carry a foldup cell phone with me when in the shop. Never know when it will come in handy.

chevy57dude, loudbang, Thor1 and 4 others like this.
  4. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

One day at a time man.

chevy57dude, loudbang, Thor1 and 2 others like this.
  5. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

Take care of yourself and get better. When you are feeling better, the car and shop can be fixed.

chevy57dude, loudbang, Thor1 and 3 others like this.
  6. Aaron D.

Aaron D.

When I first read this I thought it was horrible. After thinking about it, thank God it didn't happen earlier on the road. If there was area for the car to get up to speed, it could have been much worse.

7. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the update Mikey. You got this. Please keep us up-to-speed on your progress when you have a chance to get to work on repairs.

8. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry you're hurting right now... physically and emotionally.

I can honestly say I feel a little of your pain. I did a header into the fridge a couple days ago. With my face. Total wipeout. Wrenched my neck and back real good. A love tap compared to you, though. And I didn't damage the fridge.

But we're lucky, thank God.
    Could have been worse.
    Yours could have been way worse. Glad you're here to tell us about it.
    All the best, Mikey.

9. We are glad that you are still kicking and able to fix it. OK, not fix it today but there is time and you will succeed. We are a rather small group when you look at the big picture of us (interested in old cars) and the rest of the worlds population. We have to stick together and care about our brother. Even though we might throw some punches from time to time against one another we are a tight knitted group. We genuinely care about one another even though alot of us have never met in person. Those that I have met are good people. Upstanding and honest to a fault because deep down we care about one another, the hobby, lifestyle, and broad areas we admire. The biggest thing for you right now is heal. Not just your body but your mind after this incident. The car. Yes it can be fixed and we understand all of the work, sweat, tears and blood that goes into building them and it hurts deep when they are damaged. Bottom line is you can fix it but you cannot get fixed if you were broken as bad as it is. So you are lucky. You will build it better and more beautiful than before. We will support you.

10. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Thanks for the update you and the car will be better with time! Gary

chevy57dude, loudbang, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  11. Good to see you checking in.

Now party on Garth!

chevy57dude, loudbang, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  12. grumpy65

grumpy65

Great to hear from you @mad mikey . We have been a little worried about you. How embarrassing, hey........:confused:

Why are you so surprised that she launched so hard when the throttle stuck ??? I always thought you built her that way, and would not be happy with anything less......:D:D:D She's no pussy, that's for sure.

Rest up and recuperate. Soft tissue injuries (deep bruising) can take a long while to work their way out, but it will all come good with time. Work on that parts list and get it posted up here. You might be a 'pretty tough old guy' and 'mostly a one man band', but we are not through with giving you a hand yet............;)

@warhorseracing 's post above says it all................

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  13. tom brown

tom brown

you gave the coupe life once- and you will give it again. you took a big hit and your still standing. use your skills to create it better.

14. Glad to hear that you are hanging in there. You'll get back to normal soon. As for the car, please let us know how we can help! Please post a want list and maybe pictures. That way we can feel like we are right there with you! Stay strong brother.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. grumpy65

grumpy65

Yeah, we're gonna want pics Mikey................... Post 'em up like a 'badge of honour'.

16. Budget36

Budget36

I feel better now you’ve replied, heal the body then deal with the rest of it later.
    Looking forward to the rebuild/refurbishment thread!

17. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Glad to hear you're not in worse shape. Same goes for the Hot Rod; good to hear the frame isn't bent or the crank snout took a hard shot and screwed up the engine. Sounds like the repair will be a lot of part replacements. Maybe you can get a settlement and do all/most of the work yourself?...

18. Sorry to read this man, sure could've been worse, settle up with your insurance and see where you stand and where you need to be.
    I remember wrecking the Henry J and blowing up those two engines, it's a hard punch in the gut that's for sure, but I pulled through without insurance or help and I'm sure you have the will and fortitude to do the same.

19. I started taking the front suspension, radiator and smashed stuff off the coupe. I am not able to move real good yet. Got some parts rounded up. I will try and post some pictures when I can. The I beam axle is tweaked and I may have found one. Waiting for some parts to arrive and the contractor to contact me to get the shop wall repaired. Also need a 16 inch electric fan, the one on the car is crushed.

20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You Know Mikey? I'm So Glad to hear You telling us that...THAT is Super Positive, Take Care and Speedy Recovery...The Beast will Ride Again!!!

21. Glad to hear. You set the pace, getting back into it will be its own kind of therapy. Talking to a friend who has a 'glass 32 grille to see if he'll part with it.

loudbang, Thor1, Nicholas Coe and 4 others like this.
  22. How about some details about that new transmission?

loudbang, Thor1, mad mikey and 3 others like this.
  23. squirrel

squirrel

Back in the saddle.... :)

-Brent-, loudbang, grumpy65 and 8 others like this.
  24. Not in my saddle yet, or what I call my favorite place, but...:( The transmission is a full race, manual Rossler based on a TH 350. I got the rest of the damage removed and now I am, well have to rest a bit. I am lookin- need a 16 inch electric fan, 32 radiator shell, Radiator, and front shocks = 12 inch ride height . Trying to work with a broken shop and a injured coupe.;)

bchctybob, Tim, impala4speed and 12 others like this.
  25. Dustyp489

Dustyp489

Sorry to hear about this
    Chevy57dude contacted .me. for my "wall hanger" it's a steel repo from the Rod Shop,that I've had for over 10 years
    If this will work for you I'll send it with Steve

26. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Has it been determined why the throttle stuck?

27. I don't have any of that stuff brother :(

28. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

...and a recovering Mikey...pace yourself...rest, rest, rest...and some Coupe/Garage...

TFoch, loudbang, Nicholas Coe and 4 others like this.
  29. Best kind of therapy, gets the body moving and the mind on something other than aches and pains !

30. southcross2631

southcross2631

O.K. You've milked this sympathy thing long enough. Time to get back to work. If I need to drive up from Tn. and give you a hand just holler. o_O Glad to hear you are up and around.