Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Sound and Heat Suppression

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by genebrownlow, Mar 27, 2021.

1. genebrownlow

genebrownlow
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A few years ago I had Diamond Radiate Barrier put in my attic. to help insulate my house. As a part of the deal I had them throw in an extra roll of the stuff. My question is. has anyone tried using it for sound suppression in their car or truck?

I would assume it should help with heat and the way it is made with multiple layers and air bubbles contained in it maybe it would help with sound also.

Anyway, let me know if you have tried it!

Gene

2. JUSTIN PERSINGER

JUSTIN PERSINGER

Gene,
    My father and I have used something similar to this for his 49 chevy fleetline and my 66 chevy truck (sold now), and I thought it worked just fine and was a less expensive alternative. We used spray adhesive to get ours to stick and it was double foil lined with air bubbles in between.
    I was running headers with flowmasters under my cab and it was comfortable.

Sent from my XP8800 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  3. reverend-heat

reverend-heat
    from Germany

Hi Gene,
    guess it will work for heat, but doubt it will do a great deal on sound. It´s not heavy enough to damp vibrations of sheetmetal and does not have enough mass and structural design to block sound (both is needed to successfully do the job)