Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 3/26/21 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Worked up one of my doodles for you dude-els.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    Flat Roy, Okie Pete, Lepus and 30 others like this.
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

57_fastB_modded.jpg

DSC_0075.JPG

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/chevy-fleetline-concept-car.1010174/

:rolleyes:...I've always admired this True Inspiration of a popular Model of Car that was known as the Fastback that was phased out in the early 50s and applied to A 'Star' of the Trifives the 57 Chev owned by John Poole. I took it to a Hamb Friendly Mild Custom level applying an inspirational chop and altitude adjustment...I was happy with the outcome albiet not everyone's cup of tea...

Credit to All that Inspired this

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  3. Here's one more from my doodle collection.[​IMG]

Flat Roy, Okie Pete, Lepus and 33 others like this.
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. A little late for the FAS.Haven't been posting too much of late due to some serious medical issues with my bride.This is just some stuff I did over 2020. First pic is my new kit done with 1-Shot gold paint.#2 is a pair of doors I did for a friend of mine's truck. The California plate was for another customer. #3 is a 1/25th scale version of the truck. Doing the full size doors is easier. #4 is a panel I did for an old friend I hadn't heard from in almost 50 years.It is supposed to represent the trunk of the 55 Chevy he had in school.The Power Glide emblem he took off a 54 Chevy.One of the first,"sleepers" I ever saw. #5 & #6 are pics of a truck I did for a friend. #7 & #8 is another truck of his. #9 is an old aircraft air tank a friend of mine made to look like a bomb. #10 is a wall hanger tribute for a friend of mine. #11 is a VW hubcap painted to look like the front of a Kombi. #12 & #13 is another truck I did. #14 is a dashboard for a Plymouth Prowler. Fortunately the owner took it out of the car for me to do. AcmeSignCo.NewBox.jpg FrankieMae'sDoors4 001.jpg FrankieMaesTruckModel 002.jpg GrubbyPanel 003.jpg HyTest1.jpg HyTest3.jpg Jeremy's51InternationalPickup 003.jpg Jeremy'sTruck3.jpg JonLara'sAirTank 001.jpg MikeLavoy2020 001.jpg MikeLavoy2020 004.jpg Robert'sRatRodTruck 002.jpg Robert'sRatRodTruck 003.jpg Tony'sProwlerDashboard.jpg

Flat Roy, Okie Pete, Packrat and 35 others like this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@safariknut, late...next Friday is a week away, no worries...in fact bring it on and good to see you around...;)...thanks for sharing your True Hand pulled Art...I took Sign and Showcard Writing prior to the Vinyl Invasion, taught by a couple of Masters in the Craft and then there's the striping you possess as well, right on...you have truly done the walk and it shows...;)

Thoughts your way regarding the Missus...:oops:...may you both have better days moving forward...

Jigger, Danimal, hotrodjack33 and 5 others like this.
  7. A friends jail bar Ford PU IMG_0348.JPG

Flat Roy, Okie Pete, Jigger and 18 others like this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jet_new (1).jpg

Jet_new2.jpg

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...-your-windshield.218910/page-32#post-11273765

:rolleyes:...Plinth no more...adds a little life to a Static Aircraft...Almost enough to make a Hotrodder Duck!!!

Neat story on this Stogyism...Hamber @Mowogler was out with his son and the son snapped these pics he shared in the Through the Windshield Thread...I took the pic and modded it and sent it to him via PM to share with his son...

It took a while but I was glad to say hello to him when he chimed in...remember that Red Envelope Flag up there it means someone is saying Hello...;)

Credit to All that Inspired This

Okie Pete, Jigger, b-bop and 17 others like this.
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...What's Ernie Saying...:D

Thanks for Sharing @nosford

Lil32, 41 GMC K-18 and kiwijeff like this.
  10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a great Show...Top Mark's Team Hamb...;)

Spoggie, rbrewer and Lil32 like this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Spoggie...Red Hot Imagery indeed...is there a connection to the Aircraft in the Artwork and that very Unique Hotrod...specifically the mill lettering mentioned...is that Convair or Corvair? Just curious...Thanks always for sharing...;)

12. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

@safariknut ...... its been a long time my friend..... and a treasure you made for me while at Detroit many years ago.....
    Somewhere i have a pic of you and I jabbering at a Art Jam.... must find it.
    Glad to see you are still hard at it....

IMG_5628.JPG IMG_5629.JPG

Flat Roy, Okie Pete, Jigger and 23 others like this.
  13. safarinut,...you have my vote for the best artwork on this Friday's art show, you are a master. love those old IH trucks also,...keep up your great work and hope the wife is all better.

Stogy, 3quarter32, 51pontiac and 3 others like this.
  14. ,...some gassers,..
    art 2018 040.jpg art 2018 019.jpg art 2018 068.jpg art 2018 090.jpg

Flat Roy, Okie Pete, Jigger and 27 others like this.
  15. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for all the "likes" you guys...and as always, if you have a use for any of my posted artwork, feel free to use it:D
    zzz4.jpg

Okie Pete, Jigger, rbrewer and 12 others like this.
  16. I can't remember, this was/is my friends dads gas station many years ago and was done as a tribute to Ernie. The son of Ernie did this all himself including the weathered sign on the door of the truck. I will see him Tuesday and will ask if I remember (I am old!) and post later.

41 GMC K-18, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  17. Thanks for the kind words amigo.Still have your great art work hanging in the shop.I was looking for the picture you referred to;I have it somewhere lurking in my document file.Hope all is well "north of the 49th" and stay safe! Remember this one? JeffNorwell.JPG

Okie Pete, Jigger, Packrat and 22 others like this.
  18. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Thats when I didn't have Grey Hair... good times and great memories .

19. FOUND IT! JeffNorwell&Me.JPG

Okie Pete, Jigger, Danimal and 14 others like this.
  20. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Rusty"
    Our CC "Road Rebels" of Miami fla. in 1963, built a club drag car English Ford Angla 100E,like that cool drawing. Ran @ Masters Field Dragway.Miami Fl.

[​IMG]
    After a number of our members who all thought they were the greatsist drivers ever,some how did not crash it,but very near= out of control from start an , too craped there pants shout down. We found out that building the frame out front of front end an mounting the front axle almost 2 feet ahead of were front bumper was stock,the car behaved n made good ET.
    Point being,as soon as I looked at the drawing,I ,,LOL at the near zero control of it. Our engine SBC was far enough back,that our 6x2 set up came out hood,just at base of windshield< so may of been a little more set back by a few inchs.

Flat Roy, Okie Pete, Jigger and 14 others like this.
  21. X-cpe

X-cpe

MikeLavoy2020 001.jpg

Seeing those layout lines reminds me of simpler times. Fifty+ years ago I watched the sign painter work his magic on our race car. After he laid it out he broke out a telephone book for a pallet, some small cups (like the dentist used to use) for thinner, his One Shot, brushes, his stick with the padded end and numbers and letters appeared with clean crisp edges. Me, I can't draw a straight line much less color inside it. Thirty years later its do it yourself with a spray bottle of soapy water and a squeegee.

Flat Roy, Okie Pete, Jigger and 11 others like this.
  22. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Priceless...Artist to Artist a unique bond indeed...

23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those layout lines were talking to me as well...very notable...

24. Bunch of great stuff, guys. The warmer weather must agree with all of us. :)

25. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20201011_043238.jpg

:rolleyes:...I think @Runnin shine was warming to this Lick layout over the many I have pulled...I really enjoy getting into the journey with these Inspirations to a time not so long ago...

He is still dealing with a significant loss in his life...I look forward to his return to the Hubba Hubba...Cheers Mate...;)

Credit to All That Inspired this

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    Flat Roy, Okie Pete, Jigger and 12 others like this.
  26. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man, @Stogy’s Racer’s goin SOOO Fast...
    How fast’s it goin?!
    He’s goin so FAST it nearly flattened his FLAMES!:eek:

Lil32, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  27. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...:D...conservatively 120-130mph and they are stylized salt/dust licks as opposed to flames...similar or inspired by those applied to the Berardini Roadsters...

005-berardini-roadster-brothers-roadsters_sm.jpg

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/iconic-berardini-32-roadster-up-for-grabs-sold.1113885/

Now Shine is choosing 1946 as a period/year for his Blown Flatty powered 32.5 Hotrod and he is quite serious to keep within that time with minimal exception...Berardini's were running those in the early to mid 50s but honestly the stylized licks I believe originated around his chosen year of 46...;)

Credit to Photographer, Owner

MMM1693, Okie Pete, Jigger and 6 others like this.
  28. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HB41.jpg

Have a Dinomite Day @41 GMC K-18...

Credit to All That Inspired This

MMM1693, Okie Pete, Lil32 and 6 others like this.
  29. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you very much @Stogy, I appreciate all of your artistic efforts ! As far as my 68th Birthday today, I am truly amazed that I have survived this long!
    Thanks for the chrome reverse wheels!
    From Dennis.

Lil32, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.