Register now to get rid of these ads!

History LA guys, let’s help a fellow Hotrodder find his dad’s roadster

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ianjaylights, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Ianjaylights

Ianjaylights

EF60559E-A463-40E3-9227-FF4E7F2A5ABA.jpeg 9CE4826D-5095-439B-9BB3-78BC6315A10E.jpeg
    I’m trying to help a fellow car guy find his dads old roadster.

Have you seen this '29 Ford Roadster Hot Rod? His son, Eric, is trying to locate it. His Dad, Ed Seltzer, built this hot rod in 1954 in Tarzana, California. They then sold it around 1964.
    If you have seen this car or know of its whereabouts He would greatly appreciate hearing from you.

This car is pretty unique and stands out easily. When he last saw it, the car had a Ford flathead V8 with twin carburetors and a 3-speed manual transmission with floor shift, white paint, the doors are welded shut, and it has a bench seat.

The photos shown are from 1962, the car has California license plates MDF 647.

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The problem with looking for one's old car is that all too often it no longer looks anything like it doe when it was sold. That car could be the fenderless highboy on Deuce rails that you looked at at cars and coffee yesterday that someone completely redid a few years ago.

That said, I think I remember a photo of it in a magazine in the early 60's when his dad owned it.

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

No, if I had seen that I'd remember it; channeled w/ fenders, but no running boards, that grill, that's pretty unique

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. Ianjaylights

Ianjaylights

I realize that this car may have had 60 years of modifications and rust between when he last saw it and now. I just saw a cool car with a cool story and wanted to help get the word out there.

I’ll bring it back to the top for this weeks crowd

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy likes this.

5. I doubt anyone could or would want to improve upon this thing! Probably in a garage somewhere gathering clothes, old appliances and dust... or it's being driven occasionally with different wheels and red paint. That's my guess!

Stogy likes this.
  6. There's a Cali plate on it - how long was it registered with your dad ? If there's a vin # you know you might start with that info and see if you can trace ownership thru the DMV.....just saying....

7. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Plate info is most likely long gone out of the CA DMV system. Even if it is doubt that the DMV could/would give you any info.

Stogy and lurker mick like this.
  8. Ianjaylights

Ianjaylights

Stogy likes this.
  9. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No help but I'll bump the thread - that machine is COOOL!

10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hot-rod-magazine-january-1951.jpg

https://kustomrama.com/wiki/Kenny_Smith's_1929_Ford

:rolleyes:...I'm snooping around and have just discovered that the Roadster in the OP being searched for was this prior to a pretty heavy Makeover...simply hard to believe...it was given the newer look in 1954 or so after a change in ownership and a nasty accident.

Both iterations have very obvious attention to detail...I sincerely hope it shows up...

Jalopy Joker, brady1929 and pprather like this.