Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods INTERIOR PANEL ADHESIVES.....???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axel's40, Dec 21, 2020.

1. axel's40

axel's40

Just cutting out the inner door panels out of hardboard and so I won't have to do it twice wondering which kind of adhesive/contact cement is the way to go when mounting the vinyl/fabric cloth to the hardboard.Spray, brush on....... brands that actually work?

2. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

3M has more then one,read there labels.
    What has worked for me is Pro-stick65 spray.
    But small spots I've done with contact glue,there are some shoe glues that hold very well for small spots too.

3. I use weldwood contact cement.

4. 1pickup

1pickup

X2 on the Weldwood

5. axel's40

axel's40

Just happened to look at a past post and sounds like Weldwood is the way to go. Thanks

6. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

X3 on Weldwood

7. I get it at ace hardware, Lowe's sells it also. Get you a pack of those cheap ass brushes also. Screenshot_20201221-222513_Samsung Internet.jpg

Krash Vegas and olscrounger like this.
  8. I dip the brush in the glue and swirl it around, slinging the glue on the workpiece in circles, then smooth it out. Cover both pieces. Let it dry to a good tack, line it up and stick it. Rub it down good, flip it over on a clean surface, and brush some glue on the back side about 2" on the doorboard and the cover. Let that tack up, roll it and stick it. Trim off the excess. Serve with a cold beer, serves 2 :D

9. Oh, and i like to use the industrial velcro tape to secure it. With the 2 pieces of velcro stuck together, stick it to the door panel. Clean the door, line up the panel and press it in place. Then all you've gotta do is pull the velcro apart to remove the door panel

10. Kevin Ardinger

Kevin Ardinger

Practice doing corners with leftover vinyl on another piece of plastic or whatever your door panel material is. Corners can be a little tricky to get just right. Some good videos and techniques online.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

reagen and kadillackid like this.
  11. Krash Vegas

Krash Vegas

Thanks, this worked well for me!!!!

kadillackid likes this.