Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Mar 23, 2021.

1. 34Larry

34Larry

KUSTOMS BLUES? I NEED TO SEE SOME KUSTOMS................ (this is not the thread)
    Replies:........... 33,297 :cool::cool:
    Views:............. 2,029,772:cool::cool:

Straykat , you really started something back on
    Oct 6th, 2014.

2. catdad49

catdad49

There are several threads that continue to amaze me, The Photoshop thread is a great one to check out ( among others).

3. papajohn

papajohn

I gave up following this thread. I couldn't keep up. I work for a living.

catdad49 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. .......That work thing is way over-rated.:D;)

5. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

I work for a living too. I sit at my desk all day and look at the hamb....

6. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks guys for the kind words. I was tired of hearing Kustoms are dead. I thought the post would show they are far from dead. Maybe influence someone to build a Kustom.

Lol! fortunately I work too but spend down time on the HAMB. This is a lot better than FB.

OG lil E, drdave and TrailerTrashToo like this.
  8. RMONTY

RMONTY

I'll be in Dewey OK in Early May to see the ALIVE part of Kustoms! Can't wait!

9. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

Thank you - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED !
    20200909 Shamrock.jpg
    It took 3/4s of a Century and and hiring the body work out... In 2019, I realized that I had never attended a custom car show. Drove 1,100+ miles to the Lead Ain't Dead show. My transportation was home built truck, the utility bed was from 1952 - but - not HAMB friendly. I returned all fired up to build a custom and return to the 2020 show.

Back in the mid-1960s I had a Volvo that I thought would make a neat custom. Life happened. This one was bought a few years ago, it was more-or-less stock with a few hot rod touches to make it interstate friendly.

I found a stoker engine (and less worn out transmission) on Ebay. As a concession to old age (and Congestive Heart Failure - note added for those who cant resist derogatory comments), I added air conditioning and cruise control. The customization, rust repair and paint was sent to Smooth Engineering (THANKS, Ed) in Phoenix. Had a wonderful trip to Lead Ain't Dead 2020. Met a lot of great folks, including a few who helped me patch the Volvo back together.

Life has handed me a fistful of "other plans"... I've got my fingers crossed for Sept 2021.

Russ