Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration What's up with The Rodders Journal?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mikko_, Feb 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5window

5window

Discover is usually pretty helpful.

2. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

I tried calling and emailing TRJ to update my address ( I moved ). 2 weeks and 2 calls, nothing.
    I sure hope TRJ does not die.
    I have a lifetime membership but if it meant keeping it alive, I would pay all over again.

Landmule, Speedy Canuck, rod1 and 2 others like this.
  3. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

You may have to if you can not update your address. :)

4. tractorguy

tractorguy

Went to the mailbox today........got my Rodders Journal 2020 Holiday Catalog !!!

5. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

So did I!! Must be a Wisconsin thing.

6. Got one here in 10-UH-C, also, Well done USPS!

7. ...got my Xmas catalog today also, ...now waiting on the next issue.

8. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Same here.

9. Got mine today also, in IL.

Wonder what states will receive their catalogs tomorrow?

jim snow likes this.
  10. I see a lot about small business grants in the civil stimulus. Maybe Steve will see that and maybe get some help...if that’s the kind he needs.

tractorguy likes this.
  11. That might be an option for them. Some type of covid relief. Hope they see this

12. Jack Rice

Jack Rice
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got my 2020 Christmas catalog in Montana today too!

13. grumpy65

grumpy65

Not standing up for the USPS at all here, but it would be interesting to know when TRJ made them available for delivery. Might not all be USPS's fault ???

14. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Might have to start thinking about a funeral for my lifetime subscription , it's beginning to look like it might be terminal .

15. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Renewed my "supercharged"-subscription on Feb 26th, 2020 and have not recieved a single issue yet. I hope my 120 bux help to keep TRJ afloat enough to get back on track again. I have wasted money on dumber things...would be a shame to see this mag go under. But it sure would be interesting to hear what ´s going on...

16. DATA POINT: I received an unsolicited "2020 Holiday Catalog" yesterday (3/22/2021) at my home in Iowa. No markings as to when it entered the USPS black box, though, from its origin point in Pennsylvania.

17. Yeah, I liked it from the first issue, I especially liked the issue with the road trip story about driving a Jailbar Ford truck to Tijuana. HRP

Just Gary, Tim and SilverJimmy like this.
  18. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this. HRP

[​IMG]

rockable, 49ratfink, Landmule and 9 others like this.
  19. SilverJimmy

SilverJimmy

What issue was that in? I must have missed it, but I do have every issue from birth to 84. I just hope I make 84! And as I get older and forgetful, re-reading them will get better and better!

5window likes this.
  20. You missed what the member posted, he was referring to Rodders World which only produced 3 issues. HRP

lothiandon1940 and Tman like this.
  21. SilverJimmy

SilverJimmy

Almost 60 and it’s starting already.....
    Ha!

22. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Don't shovel the hole shut yet. Almost every business has problems from time to time. Let's hope it gets straightened out and can get back to normal. A little communication would be good. Lifetime subscriber number?

23. williebill

williebill

I'm wondering how all those Christmas catalogs started showing up all over at the same time. Seems obvious that they weren't all lost in the system all this time, but actually just went out a short time ago.

24. Yup

25. 5window

5window

I don't know. Chickenridgerods says his came from PA. The Philadelphia post office was probably the worst in the nation for backlogs and is still working on first in/last out, it has been reported. So I could easily see how a big stack of Christmas catalogs was not a high priority to ship and just got back into the system. Or not.

The thing that gets me is that enough of us like the magazine enough that if TRJ came out and told us they were in trouble and needed crowd-sourcing or something, we'd jump in to help. But, without some idea of what's going on, everyone is frustrated.

kidcampbell71 and Just Gary like this.
  26. I still have not got the most recent issue. I have called and emailed. nothing

I have given up on it

27. Budget36

Budget36

Might give hope the glass is half full and TRJ is catching up. Small steps, strides then begin to run.

28. HRP,...that is one of my all-time favorite articles also!

29. I received my Christmas catalogue in Ontario, Canada in January. Looking across the threads, there's been guys chiming in receiving Christmas catalogues from basically November till now. Doubt TRJ just dumped some money into mailing out catalogues in March to create an illusion of USPS backlog... Unless your comment implies that USPS just sent a batch out a short time ago.

kidcampbell71 and D-Russ like this.
  30. Fordors

Fordors

Differences in receiving the Holiday Catalog? Look no further than Louis DeJoy. From the USPS announcement made today we ain’t seen nothin’ yet. He wants to eliminate flying mail across country as is done in some cases now. Everything will go by truck if he gets his way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.