Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Looking for Dad's old Custom 55 Chevy

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by zjerry, Feb 12, 2013.

1. zjerry

zjerry

I am looking for my Dad's old custom 55 chevy.it was on the cover of Custom Rodder nov 1962 , He last saw it in the 70's at county speed shop St.Louis Mo., after that he lost track of it.
    any leads can help Thank's Jerry Z , email [email protected]
    < !-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
    Attached Files:
    • [​IMG]
      a" data-thumb-height="100">

2. Sweet ride ! Good luck.

3. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

wish you luck but considering how much the value of 55 hardtops went up in the late 80s and 90s . my shop restored a lot of modified cars at that time ! Now people are buying restored cars and we are modifying them with modern suspensions and drive trains , lol It never ends I really hope you find it, I love old customs. Larry

4. Bad51 -That is so true and funny, too

5. zjerry

zjerry

I am looking for my Dad's old custom 55 chevy.it was on the cover of Custom Rodder nov 1962 , He last saw it in the 70's at county speed shop St.Louis Mo., after that he lost track of it.
    any leads can help Thank's Jerry Z , email [email protected]
    < !-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
    Attached Files:
    • [​IMG]
      a" data-thumb-height="100">

6. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

You can try contacting Ray Soff at 201-796-8948 and leave him a message on his machine and he will return your phone call.

Ray is know as the "East Coast Car Historian" and if anyone knows more about old custom cars then Ray I would be surprised.
    Tell him Jim Hill said to call.

Ray's knowledge about old custom cars and who owns them and how many different colors they have been painted over the years is extraordinary for sure.
    Jimbo

7. I always thought the ass end and trim choice on that car ruled. Being so distinctive, it's hard to believe it wouldn't be accounted for somewhere. Good luck.

8. rfraze

rfraze

No input from Rikster? He seems to be the man for kustoms. Someone help with a link to his website. Have you looked thru the many kustoms threads?? How about an ad in KKOA's mag?

9. rfraze

rfraze

Thanks, Sancho. Those will keep him busy. Good luck in the search.

10. rfraze

rfraze

11. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  12. D.Lee

D.Lee
    from Czexas

That looks close! The scoops on the roof, the rear pan, the way the top of the quarters go downward at the end above the tail lights...maybe some car got changed up over the years.

13. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

This one was the "krimson kart" in oct 63 so.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. zjerry

zjerry

15. It took me 8 years of searching to track down the 55 hardtop dad and I built in the 80's. It still wears the same paint and interior today too! Keep looking, you may get as lucky as I did.

As for all the guys saying, build a tribute, I don't think you understand. My family kept telling me the same. But I didn't want a copy, I wanted THAT car. And If I couldn't find it, then I would just have lived with the memories.

Here are a couple pics of mine, the first on the way to my senior prom in 1987, and the second one of it today. Dreams do come true sometimes. Keep searching!!

Attached Files:

Sancho, BORN 2L8, treb11 and 4 others like this.