Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Speedway

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldiron 440, Mar 22, 2021.

1. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

So I'm just wondering are Speedway parts any good? How about sales and service do they stand up to Summit? I've never bought from them and only been looking online for the last month or so. The thing that I have noticed is the no name parts. I'm looking at low mount alt brackets, air cleaners etc. for my 289, nothing serious.
    So what do you guys say?

2. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Order name brand parts from Speedway and you'll be fine. Some of the Chinese parts are questionable.

3. chop&drop

chop&drop

It probably depends on what sort of items you’re looking for. I’ve seen some negative comments about certain things like their “knockoff” 97’s but I’ve never had any issues with the things I’ve bought from them over time.

SlamIam likes this.
  4. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Never had an issue with speedway, but I have with summit.

SlamIam and Hot Rod Nut like this.

5. I have never had and issue with Speedway or Summit. I like Speedway better.

I think many of the issue people have come from order online in instead of by phone.

210superair, SlamIam and Hot Rod Nut like this.
  6. topher5150

topher5150

Only ordered a few things from them without any issues. Had to return something and that was pretty painless. Last couple of times I was on their site it looks like their online customer service chat and comments section is gone

Sent from my moto z4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

The Magic Ratchet likes this.
  7. lake_harley

lake_harley

I won't compare Speedway to anyone in particular but never had a problem with their parts. I sold circle track parts for years and Speedway was one of the warehouses I dealt with, but that's something a bit different from a service standpoint. I would give them a review as being a bit "tedious" to do business with. If a part is not in their catalog exactly like you know you want it takes time to get questions answered and I'd say sometime I question the answers.

Lynn

8. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

X2 I have done business with both and have never had problems with either one.

9. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I use Speedway and Summit. It depends on pricing. Of course, Summit is higher in price than Speedway.
    I've never had a problem with Speedway stuff.

The Magic Ratchet likes this.
  10. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Had some issue with Speedway not packing some stuff good and it got damaged. The up side is that Speedway was quick to refund my payment. So,.....yes, Speedway is good.

11. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

I agree with Krylon
    If you order name brand parts from Speedway,you will be OK
    Don,t order any of their other stuff,the white box line.

12. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

I have ordered from speedway for years hot rods and the race parts . In the past if I had an issue with wrong parts sent or missing ...customer service took care of it right then and there ..sometimes sent parts out for free next day air.
    This past November was a major issue I ordered a third member set up by there so call professionals when I receive the third member it was full of Machinist metal and grit & rusted bearings Not set up correctly . According to their ad they're made to order.
    (Grand national third member with gear) , I was unable to talk to anyone or receive a call back from several messages left an email sent that I was forced to use my bank to get involved but that's only major issue I've ever had with them. Ordering from them 35+ years,

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  13. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Never a problem with either. Speedway does carry name brand parts also.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. chargin03

chargin03

Never a problem.

15. Fordors

Fordors

Maybe someone will step up and tell us of an instance of trouble they have had with “Chinese” parts from Speedway.

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  16. I've ordered a lot of ac delco parts from rock auto, and "made in China" is on every box. I'm betting my dollar that the majority of stuff made here these days is made with Chinese materials. Have you seen the "assembled in America" stamp? That one tickles my nut sack. I've had zero problems, issues, or complaints with speedway. I use their brand mainly. Chinese kids gotta eat too i guess o_O

210superair, leon bee and Fordors like this.
  17. TCATTC

TCATTC

I've been doing business with Speedway Motors since the mid 70's, Speedway is Top Notch.

SlamIam and Fordors like this.
  18. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

In the future check out Quick Performance for anything rear end or differential related. I think they’ll probably come in better on price too. and they will be much, much better quality, especially their housings.

egads, Karl Fields, thintin and 3 others like this.
  19. wvenfield

wvenfield

It's not really IMO "Chinese parts from Speedway" but rather "Chinese parts". You aren't going to be rebuilding Chinese carbs 50 years from now. Can you use some Chinese parts? Sure. I've had lots of problems with Chinese carbs and especially fuel pumps.

20. W6RAT

W6RAT
    from Coos Bay

I have been buying things from speedway for more than 40 years and they have been more than fair to work with.
    good friendly survice and tech people. lots of inventory and adding new parts all the time. 1609717

21. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I can't agree more, there an Iowa company about 90 miles from me so I've been using there services for 15 + years, the last axle assembly I had them work on was for the Fairlane, they narrowed it put billet 9" ends and welded the center to the tubes then cut me a set of 31 spline axles all for $600 in two days. It helped I took them a sandblasted and washed housing to start with so I didn't have to wait the week or two to get it done. First class work.

stanlow69 likes this.
  22. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've had good luck with all of them, I probably buy more from Speedway since they are about an hour and a half away and many times I have what I ordered in two days. Their customer service when you have a problem is great, example, I bought fenderwell headers for the 38, wasn't sure if they came with bolts so I ordered bolts, ARP?? maybe, anyway, I was going to send them back because bolts were included. Well the included bolts must have been metric:( I called them to see about getting replacements, the customer service guy noted that I had purchased the ARP bolts, said "we"ll just credit your card for the messed up bolts, how's that sound?" Works for me. They have always treated me well.

Malcolm and 19Eddy30 like this.
  23. gene-koning

gene-koning

I've bought a few parts from them over the years. Always have had very fast delivery. I buy based on price, based on the price I've paid for most of the stuff I've gotten from them, I'm pretty happy with what I've gotten. Stuff from China is stuff from China. When there are 2-3 options to buy most likely the same China stuff, why pay more? Speedway often kills the price, once shipping is included, and as stated before their shipping is fast. Gene

24. grumpy65

grumpy65

Honestly, I think the box the world comes in these days says "Made in China".......... Seems that way.

19Eddy30 likes this.
  25. i7083

i7083
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've bought both race and street car parts from Speedway for years. Never a problem. I've bought from Quick Performance also, same deal.

26. Erndoggy

Erndoggy
    from Dublin

Great customer service some parts are from China not the best quality but you can call them to discuss your project they’ll listen to you. I would encourage you to look at customer reviews on certain parts you maybe thinking about buying and see the type of feedback. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

TrailerTrashToo likes this.
  27. Fordors

Fordors

We all know rodders with an off-shore aluminum radiator, maybe a knock-off steering box or a power brake booster, all of which can be bought from a multitude of suppliers yet for whatever reason Speedway is often singled out for selling China parts. Why is that?

28. bighemifan

bighemifan

Great experience with them. They have always made good on any issues. I have also had terrific experience with Summit. Appreciate the professionalism of both

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

They want you to upgrade shipping to get it to you faster. Don`t do it. it will get to you just as fast the original way. Go check out their museum. Then you won`t mind spending a buck more(if so) for a part. Their Chinese parts are cheaper because they are made cheaper. Have we learned anything from the Covid era.

30. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I think it depends on what part of the states you are in, I always ask for SpeeDee delivery instead of UPS, the price is about the same in my case I am in Illinois, if I order by noon on Monday I’ll have my parts by the end of the day on Tuesday. If I use their normal shipping, Which would be UPS it would take one day longer sometimes two days longer. But it totally depends on what your location is and if there’s a speedy delivery available in that area. My shipping cost for a speedy delivery is usually around $8 to $10 very similar to UPS but a day faster so far. I desperately want to see the museum. I’ve heard is awesome but never been there.