Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Mad Mikey Accident

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mad mikey, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Roothawg

Roothawg

Mikey, if I have parts you need they are yours.

2. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

Well Mikey, you have had a few days to recuperate. I hope you are feeling better now and nothing serious has reared its head. Keep us advised..........;)

3. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pulling into the shop has taken on a new meaning. I’m guessing your car on idle is way different than mine.

Get well first and strong. It’s not worth hurting yourself worst during recovery. That’s the time figure out the parts....

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  4. 34Larry

34Larry

As all have said, get well first then fix the car.
    You say you live alone. I lived alone for a long time also.
    I realized right from the git go safety is primary when in
    the shop, and it still is now that I have a wife.
    Best of everything, get well, get back in the saddle.

5. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Good sign. There was activity this morning. :)

6. Man Mikey that sucks wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery...........

7. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Without your health you have nothing. Best wishes moving forward.

TFoch, chryslerfan55, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  8. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

:( This is sad news, praying for you brother. Wish I was closer to lend a hand.

9. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

Bump ,
    Just seen this myself today.
    Mikey hope you're doing & R OK .,Bowie & 57dude
    (maybe others close bye)
    are willing to check up on Mad Mikey, , that a good thing . I do not know Mike Personally, living by yourself and possibly your hot rod is a big part of your life & motivation , things can become severely depressing when something like this happens. and possibly become seclusive from others,

10. So sorry brother. Please someone let us know that y'all have checked on him! I'll be praying for you. This is a constant fear of mine. You'll get it back to better than ever. I have no doubt. Take care!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. He hasn't been back, I hope he's OK. The only upside is at least it didn't happen on the street where he could have ran over somebody...

12. Damn hate to read this.

Stogy, loudbang and Nicholas Coe like this.
  13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

he was active here this morning just hasn’t replied to this thread

14. bchctybob

bchctybob

Wow, just read about this. Glad to hear that you went to get checked out, like everyone said head injuries are nothing to mess with. Pay close attention to how you are feeling and don't hesitate to go back to the doc if you feel strange. That's some tough luck but like they say I guess it could have been worse. Hang in there. Try to keep us updated on how you are getting on.

loudbang, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  15. Mike's ok, pm'd him. He's dealing with it all right now, and appreciates the support.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  16. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very glad to hear this, I have never met him,so I figured if he wanted assistance ; he would shoot me a message...

17. tractorguy

tractorguy

Pay attention to concussions !!!! Our teacher daughter had a concussion two yrs. ago after assault by a student in school. Concussions are serious stuff and can have a very long recovery time.

18. Sad to hear! Hope you're going to be OK!

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  19. @mad mikey we see where you were back on here this AM at 11:39. Please check back on this thread so we know you are doing OK man.

20. Sorry to hear of your mishap. Living to fight another day is the most important thing. Damaged cars can be fixed. Two or three years ago Dad and I had an accident liky yours, but lucky for us we were a little better off. Unknown to us, the rooster comb in the transmission broke allowing the car to be in both park and drive. I was working on the running engine with dad behind the wheel. Dad was running up the throttle when the park paw broke and the Dodge took off into the spare hemi on a stand, a office chair, a box fan and a few random boxes. i had just stood up from under the hood or i would have been hit. Dad had a foot on the brake, but the front wheels were on rollers and the rears just pushed through the brakes.

loudbang, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  21. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

-Brent-, loudbang, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  22. grumpy65

grumpy65

Shit happens to us all. This might seem harsh, but you gotta laugh about it. If you don't, it will just make you cry.......
    You will laugh about it..........one day, and have a shit-hot story to tell.
    Like I said way earlier, you got this.

23. @SDhotrod , Thanks. I must have missed that earlier when I was on here. TBI's are nothing to fool around with. I still get severe headaches and mine was over ten years ago. IED went off and tore my eye protection off then the second daisy chained one went off and threw blast debris in my face. Four eye surgeries saved my eve even though it does not focus I can still see with glasses. Very lucky to still be here.

24. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Just give him some time. Lippy

loudbang, Stogy, Budget36 and 4 others like this.
  25. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

Sorry to read this but glad you're ok

26. Budget36

Budget36

Yes sir, lot of things going on at once. How he’s feeling, his car and shop, the emotions a person would feel from the HAMB, gotta be a bit overwhelming.

27. 34 5W Paul

34 5W Paul
    from Fresno CA

Rough deal MM, sorry to hear of your misfortune. Easy to say, hard to do, but try and count your blessings and move on. My bro cut one of his fingers off in the shop and for the longest time was very negative about it, way too hard on himself. Great advice is cheap, but can be helpful. If this exact thing happened to your best bud, what would you say to him? Would it be along the lines of , "Hey man, shit happens. Lots of folks pullin' for ya, willing to help any way they can. Don't dwell on the bad shit, let us help you move forward so you end up better overall."
    Best wishes from Californistan.

28. Joe Troilo

Joe Troilo

Mike, Take care of yourself first then fix the car.
    Get well soon.

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  29. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Just seeing this now Mike. Hang in there! Make a list, then start working it once you feel better.
    Glad this didn't happen out on the open road.

30. I can't say how overwhelmed I am at all the kind responses to what has happened to me and the coupe. You guys are truly the best. I can't believe how beat up I am, bruised. Fell like I was given a beating with a base ball bat. But I am still pretty tough old guy. Dealing with insurance stuff, and it's hard right now. The coupe is bad but could be worse. Frame is fine. Front axle is bent and junk, steering arm on the right is bent, Eelco tank destroyed. Walker radiator destroyed, Supports ruined, Electric fan smashed. Right front shock mashed. Grill and grill shell mangled. I am trying to deal with this damage as well. Just hard to move around much right now. Thanks to all my HAMB brothers for your concern and offers to help, I sure can use it. I am not used to asking for help, It's a little hard for me. Around here I am mostly a one man band.