Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Mad Mikey Accident

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mad mikey, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Wow, first post I read this morning. So sorry that you have to deal with this. Like all have said, take care of yourself until you feel that you are ready to get back at the repairs. Head injuries are nothing to take lightly.

2. brading

brading

Sorry to hear this news. First thing is for you to take care of yourself and not to worry about the car or the shop till you are fit and well again or it will only slow down your repair process. Take care my friend.

3. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Oh no ! What a frightening experience, hope you’re ok. Hang in there, as everyone said take care of yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. What you do not want is another brain injury any time soon ... be very careful. Two concussions close together is not good.

loudbang and rbrewer like this.
  5. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn. That sucks! Bad luck ..... here’s hoping some good luck comes your way.

loudbang and rbrewer like this.
  6. If you're good, I'm good.

Sucks to be in that situation .. but, best to let it lie for now. Take a breather. Survey, and plan. All is good in the end.

God bless, Mike.

7. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Horrible news Mike.
    I really feel badly about this.
    One day at a time. Hope to hear your health improves.

8. 296ardun

296ardun

I'm really sorry to hear this....wish I could offer more than moral support, hope you and the coupe both make full recoveries...

9. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Just terrible !

loudbang likes this.
  10. @mad mikey , saw where you checked in at 8:16 this AM. Just keep checking in so we know you are OK. You don't need to post yet, just check this thread.

clem, grumpy65, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  11. Nice offer chevy57dude!!, (my sister had similar TBI)
    mad mikey- cooking my be a chore for a while, I'd be glad to send some pizza gift cards etc ( sent you a conversation) don't hesitate to reach out, if your up to it. I can call you daily if needed. Get well soon!!

12. slowmotion

slowmotion

Well shit, that sucks to the umpteenth degree. Take care of #1 (that's you) first man. That awesome coupe can be put back together, as well as the garage carnage. Pullin' for ya man, keep us in the loop!

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  13. 27 Tall T

27 Tall T
    from Butler Pa.

Sorry to hear this. Better days ahead.

loudbang likes this.
  14. Man that sucks Mike. I understand your disgust but I'm glad you're alright and nobody was in front of the car. I don't have a ton of shit but maybe when you get around to assess the damage you can throw a parts list up here, if i have anything you need it's yours.

drdave, grumpy65, The37Kid and 4 others like this.
  15. Glad to hear you got checked out. If I were closer I'd offer to help rebuild. Good wishes and positive thoughts your way.

loudbang likes this.
  16. Oh my, I nearly got sick reading your original post. Hope you are healing well, I expect you took a pretty hard smack.

17. I don’t know what there is to say that hasn’t been said other than, fuck.....

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang likes this.
  18. wicarnut

wicarnut

Sorry to hear this, see you checked here this am, head injury, have someone check on you for a couple of days, to be sure not any different odd behavior. You can fix all the stuff, head injuries can be a bad, sometimes delayed before problem shows up. All us open wheel guys always said, any goofier than normal or tired/naps go back to ER again.

19. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Hang in there Mikey, so sorry! Just get well. Lippy

loudbang likes this.
  20. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

MM really sorry to hear this. Really can't say much more than has been said.
    Hang in there brother, if you were closer I'd be over in a heartbeat to assist in what ever fashion.
    Take time to heal

loudbang likes this.
  21. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Sorry to hear about your accident but you are alive. We had a family friend that was tuning his altered when the throttle stuck launching him across the street and into a tree. He died at the scene.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  22. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

No good! Glad you're okay. Scary stuff!

loudbang likes this.
  23. Sorry for your misfortune. Please keep us posted on your recovery, especially if you need anything health wise. Priority #1 is getting back on your feet.

24. BJR

BJR

Glad to here you are ok, hope insurance covers the repaires to the car and shop.

rbrewer and loudbang like this.
  25. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear this Mikey! I think we can forego the "pics or it didn't happen" rule on this one. I, for one, do not want to see the carnage. I am glad you are okay! I heard a wise man once say "never worry about stuff that money can fix". Ok, yes, I was the wise man but it is true none the less

26. mopacltd

mopacltd

Get someone to stay with you a day or two. TBI is nothing to mess with

27. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Plenty of good advice here. Hang in there, lots of folks pulling for ya and willing to help out however we can.

rbrewer and loudbang like this.
  28. saltracer219

saltracer219

I have a N.O.S. pair of EELCO fuel tank halves that have never been welded together, perhaps you could use them to repair your tank. If you need them let me know and I will get them to you.

-Brent-, ottoman, TFoch and 12 others like this.
  29. Yikes! That’ll ruin your day alright. The first thing you need to do @MadMikey is get healthy ( go to the doctor that is, head injuries are nothing to mess with) . Secondly, when you’re ready, willing and able survey the damage to both car and shop, these can be rebuilt or replaced. Lastly, just relax for now, stressing about this won’t do you any favors, as others have said even if all you do is check this thread,let us know how you’re doing.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Lil32, Dino 64, TFoch and 7 others like this.