Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Bugatti Powered Midget

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by banjeaux bob, Mar 20, 2021.

1. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

From Ivan Dutton. English Bugutti expert.it's 30 minutes.So, sit back and relax!

2. Kume

Kume

Good on you for promoting Ivan
    He is a legend. Love his salmson.
    Sent from my SM-G930F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

banjeaux bob likes this.
  3. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

He seems to be the kind of guy one would like to work along side of to learn quite a bit.i like how he always has to have his hand in motion .

4. KFC

KFC
    from UK

Strangely, I know of two Bugatti’s that ended up with Ford flathead v8s after the Bugatti engines blew up

5. Kume

Kume

From the sublime to the rediculous

Sent from my SM-G930F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

34 GAZ likes this.
  6. 62rebel

62rebel

I've been watching his videos for a couple of weeks now. Fantastic old cobber. Not afraid to say when he's screwed up!

7. Those two Bugatti,s :cool: could stop at any local scrapper :eek: up into the late 1950,s for engine parts.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. KFC

KFC
    from UK

mine was racing in Argentina and still competitive, had a 34 flathead in it hotted up

9. studebakerjoe

studebakerjoe

@KFC sounds very familiar. Do you run in any hill climbs?

10. KFC

KFC
    from UK

Predictive text got me should be one not “mine”
    I wish I had a Bugatti!
    It’s here in the uk now a customer owns it

11. studebakerjoe

studebakerjoe

@KFC when you said 34 flathead is it a 4 or V8? I seem to recall seeing pics of one with a 4 maybe in Classic and Sportscar or another magazine.

12. KFC

KFC
    from UK

V8

13. memaerobilia

memaerobilia

That Half/Bugatti engine came from our shop. Dad had it when he and Mike Caruso shared the two halves, "in the day" Ivan would have loved the original condition Skirrow we had until the "90s. And we had at least 6 of the Eltoo midgets.

Attached Files:

14. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

IMG_0986.JPG IMG_0987.JPG IMG_0988.JPG IMG_0985.JPG
    Joe I was thinking of you when I saw Ivan's Skirrow. Here's the Elto you and your dad built here in Fairbanks....as well as an NOS engine along side.

15. memaerobilia

memaerobilia

Joe I was thinking of you when I saw Ivan's Skirrow. Here's the Elto you and your dad built here in Fairbanks....as well as an NOS engine along side.[/QUOTE]
    Hi Bob;
    Wow! That car is beautifully maintained! So nice to see it is in such good hands. Despite my obvious bias, I always remember that car as being one of the best to go through out shop. (your photography work is "not too shabby" either...)
    Is that #41 V/8 next to it the original that we restored, with the Holman/Moody history connection?

16. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

Hi Bob;
    Wow! That car is beautifully maintained! So nice to see it is in such good hands. Despite my obvious bias, I always remember that car as being one of the best to go through out shop. (your photography work is "not too shabby" either...)
    Is that #41 V/8 next to it the original that we restored, with the Holman/Moody history connection?[/QUOTE]

Joe , here are the three cars from your shop at the Fountainhead Auto Museum (www.fountainheadmuseum.com ) here in Fairbanks,Alaska. The Swanson Offy ,Holman - Moody flathead V-8 , and the Elto powered car. IMG_2213.JPG IMG_2214.JPG IMG_2215.JPG

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022