Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 64 Lincoln Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scotts52, Mar 20, 2021.

1. scotts52

scotts52

Got a 64 Lincoln with no keys. What lock cylinders share the same key(s). I'm guessing the glove box shares with the door and trunk and the ignition is a stand alone. Hoping someone can confirm this or correct me.
    Thanks

2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. I have never had a Lincoln but in all of the other brands I have owned in the past 70 years they all shared the ignition and doors using the same key. Good luck, Jimmie

3. Typical Fords from the 60's I have owned, Ignition and doors same, trunk and glovebox same. Theory being if you give the valet the ignition key he can get in and start it but can't get into the places where you would store your valuables.

Hnstray likes this.
  4. According to my research, all 64 Lincolns have the Ignition and doors keyed alike, and the trunk and glove box keyed alike.

5. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Sometimes a screwdriver and a hammer will go a long way....

6. scotts52

scotts52

Cool. Thanks. Now I know which cylinders to pull for keys.

7. dwollam

dwollam

I love those square Lincolns. I have owned a '64, then a '63 and finally a '65 (twice). Always wanted a convertible but never got one.

Dave

scotts52 likes this.
  8. Morgan Milstead

Morgan Milstead

Ok, from what I remember, and I’ve owned a ton of these, the ignition key also opens the doors while the second key is strictly for the trunk. The only “universal” tumbler is for the ignition only. The doors and trunk cylinders are Lincoln only.

scotts52 likes this.