Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Naming your car.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by emil, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Are you missing a letter in B ever?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

My daughter got a cat, she named it Kitty, then she got another, she named it New Kitty. Then she got a dog, named it Puppy. Sooo I have Old Car and New Car. Gotta love that girl.

dana barlow and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. I keep it very simple.
    Red car, white car, blue car, old Eldorado truck, and El Camino.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55 and flynbrian48 like this.
  4. GeneBob

GeneBob

When we got our Model A and started driving it around, my wife thought the bird on the radiator cap was a goose. The car has been "Goosey" ever since. It is my avatar picture.
    We had a Harley that would backfire so my wife named it "Sorrow" after the dog in the book 'Hotel New Hampshire' (?) that was notorious for passing gas.
    We had another Harley that broke down in every state we traveled through on the way to Sturgis; it got the name "Dirt Bag".
    The car (or bike) provides the inspiration if it is to be named.

5. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My white '56 Ford ragtop developed into a street terror. We street raced from '58 to '63, most consistently.
    Montague Expressway had a nice 1/4 mile strip marked off, starting from a stoplight. Very little traffic during the day, none at night.
    My jealous first wife hated my Ford, called it "the White Rat".
    I had friend striper Shannon paint WHITE RAT on both fins, at the rear. A second guy painted 'WHITE RAT' on his Chevy, so Shannon had to add #1 after the name...
    When I finally raced Gilbert's '56 Chevy, I beat him 3 out of 3. (Gilbert's Chevy was undefeated, his uncle had done the engine up)
    I then had Shannon erase WHITE RAT, leaving just #1...
    An older guy, "Mousey" had #1 on the side of his faaast Chevy, so I visited him and asked him to race. He declined, saying: If we race and I beat you, it's just another round. But, if you beat me, I'm not #1 any more...

Mousey and I never raced, but he wasn't driving the Chevy any more. Added to the fact that I had my licence revoked, so "#1 came off, and I sold the car to Gary F., who wrecked my lovely #1 and the White Rat died a proud death.

chryslerfan55 and Beanscoot like this.
  6. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

My 54 M37 was Agnes, stolen from Travis McGee novels.
    My 83 CJ7 is Daisy (duh!)
    My 34 truck is "Juju" the frigging thing is haunted.

The wife's BMW is the "manure wagon"

chryslerfan55 and wraymen like this.
  7. goldmountain

goldmountain

I don't name cars, but I did have a Comet that I called the vomit.

PoTaToTrUcK and jimmy six like this.
  8. AndersF

AndersF

I usally not name my cars.
    But the model T coupe i building needed an name for the registration.
    Here in sweden we have a few ways to build our hotrods and get them streetlegal.
    All have their pos and cons.
    My is ended up as a constructed car wich mean i must have alot of things not era correct to be streetlegal.
    Thats mean that i have to hide and mask things to get the look i want.
    And i am sure there is a secret law that demand all model T builds to have a name with the letter t.
    So what name suit a newbuilt streetrod trying to be a cool old hotrod?
    My first thought was HipsTer. But it didnt feel right so i needed something else.
    Then i heard the Platters song "the great pretender" on the radio.
    So lil PreTender is the name i choosed.

9. bruco1

bruco1

I had never named a car until Black Betty came along

10. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

4D4BFF8E-147E-46DB-9B60-67930A1DECED.jpeg 144C7F38-8E06-4C74-8539-1E1E5A01CC8B.jpeg I call this, "The DeSoto", because, well, it's a DeSoto. The roadster I call "The roadster", so I'm very creative when it comes to naming cars.

11. Rustridden31

Rustridden31
    from Denver, CO

I have a whole list of possible names for my Model A but none seem to make the cut. I’m thinking it will just happen one day. Right now me and my family call it the Hot Rod so I’m sure that will be what it is forever known as. My Father in law calls it the Hoopy. I don’t want that to stick. Although, my list has several things connected to him since he takes interest and he is an old customs guy from back in his day.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

12. had an old Chevy pickup my ex called Bub. Because when it idled it went bub,bub,bub

13. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My friend names each of his Packards after the wife of who he got it from. He has Margaret, Barbara and I think Elizabeth.

dana barlow and HJmaniac like this.
  14. Cody Clem

Cody Clem

139080331_164948048375729_6230247946624160690_n.jpg
    The car is named after my son Corbin. I bought the project from a gentleman named Gus. He is a retired Airforce pilot and at 87 he is still quite witty. When I bought it from him he said it had to be my son's so I named the car Corbin's Roadster.

chryslerfan55 and HJmaniac like this.
  15. HSF

HSF
    from Lodi CA

I usually call my cars by what year they are, 49, 59 whatever but I have named two. A 50 F1 I had, I called it Barnacle Bill. It lived a good chunk of its life under an oak tree, looked like it had barnacles growing on it. More recently, I bought a fairly untouched 53 Plymouth I call Plain Jane. It is a stripped down basic base model. Black, no trim and tiny hubcaps. Plain as a tin pail.

16. goldmountain

goldmountain

I had a co-worker who drove a RAMBLER. He took the letters off the front and rearranged them to read MABEL. You could take an off topic Grand Am and swap the last two letters to get Grandma.

17. Muttley

Muttley

This thread seems to be lacking something but I can't quite pinpoint what.....

Liberace Belly Tank.jpg

-Brent- likes this.
  18. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

My ‘61 Cadillac 4 door hardtop painted
    Turquoise & black was “Sea Cruze”.
    So-cal cars were often named after hit records.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

19. Norris McCarty

Norris McCarty

Victoria......she was sold new in Victoria Texas in 1940. She's never been more than 250 miles from her original home!
    1940 Ford rear.jpeg