Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Neutral Saftey Switch

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 23, 2019.

1. 24riverview

24riverview

From ignition switch start terminal to NSS to solenoid. Should be purple wire on the Nova.

Jalopy Joker and olscrounger like this.
  2. The switch is in open circuit when in any gear except for neutral or park

3. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a NSS in the Stude, works fine. But after reading the "what has happened to me" stories I will never reach in and hit the key again. Even with the park brake engaged.

4. trollst

trollst

Even if you have a switch, bad habits are what kill people. I DO NOT start anything from outside the cab, I'm always in the seat. As a life long equipment operator who also instructs from time to time, I do everything the same way, time after time, machines have no feelings, they don't show love and they'll kill you with no remorse, its the first thing I teach kids going into my trade, a mistake will pin you and crush the life out of you slowly. I know this thread isn't about iron, but the stories are the same, lots of "oh shit" moments, lots of nervous laughs later. Don't start a car if you're not in the seat, period.

David Gersic likes this.
  5. TA DAD

TA DAD
    from NC

I used a starter push button switch for my home brewed set up. The only drawback is it has to be in park. Which is not a big deal for me. studebaker build 003.JPG

TrailerTrashToo likes this.
  6. Dan Haines

Dan Haines

Man, I'm in this boat. "Going to get to it soon" priority just changed after reading these. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. X-cpe

X-cpe

Used to tell my students, "One on one, the machines are undefeated."

8. X-cpe

X-cpe

Finally found pictures of it. Gives me start in P &N.
    DSC00210.JPG DSC00211.JPG DSC00207.JPG DSC00212.JPG

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    Jalopy Joker likes this.
  9. That nss looks like the same one Lokar uses on their shifter. It should work fine with Chev starter solenoid.