Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration What's up with The Rodders Journal?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mikko_, Feb 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I have suffered from problems from time to time in the last 40 years of being in business. If I'm having problems I still communicate with my customers so they understand and for the most part they have all been understanding. It's all about communication.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  2. Well Guy's, My Rodder's Journal 2020 Christmas Catalog arrived this afternoon. March 13, 2021.

I haven't given up hope but I think I'll hold off ordering some swag until we hear from Management. HRP

Tman, 5window, Deucedreamer and 4 others like this.
  3. That shouldn’t matter.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

4. banjorear

banjorear

I am getting a bit worried that Pat hasn't replied here. He is active on Instagram, so he must be OK health wise. I hope things will get sorted out and back on track. I enjoy reading TRJ's when it does come out.

5. I'm wondering if the Instagram posts are simply automated scheduled posts. I don't see any responses, just initial posts.

6. Pat Who? HRP

7. 31Apickup

31Apickup

I assume they mean Pat Ganahl, but he is retired and just does his blog.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Speedy Canuck likes this.
  8. 35cab

35cab

Hope this is not a sign of doom, the TRJ website is down, hopefully a temporary glitch.

9. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

10. Really no excuses at this point. The silence is telling.

fauj likes this.
  11. Well, there were enough people complaining that the website was up taking subscriptions. Now it's down and out. Maybe the website host got tired of waiting for Issue 83. :p

Budget36 and D-Russ like this.
  12. Ziggster

Ziggster

Yep, for $hits and giggles, I tried to access their site on my iMac, and this is the message I got. Not looking good...

F8404A14-8DB5-495F-AA4A-28E37ADA102D.jpeg

13. And now, the end is near
    And so I face the final curtain

fauj likes this.
  14. 5window

5window

Pat's Blog/Newsletter is about the best hot rod reading available on the Internet right now.

15. proartguy

proartguy
    from Sparks, NV

I just tried the TRJ site and it looked functional.

16. 35cab

35cab

Yup, seems to be back up....which is good.... I think.
    I am so missing TRJ but I have been re-reading older issues, jeez they are good.

stanlow69, Just Gary and Hamtown Al like this.
  17. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

18. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Just out of curiosity, has anyone just called their office?
    I called the office in the beginning of the year about an order.

Spoke to Steve and had a very pleasant conversation.
    I received my order 3 days later, they were waiting on one item.
    KK

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Solid point. This bothers me...

RICH B, WiredSpider, 5window and 2 others like this.
  20. 52lomofo

52lomofo

Was going to order a bunch of back issues guess I'll wait and see

Sent from my SM-A520W using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. dserge

dserge
    from WV

Site is back up, they need more subscription money.

22. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

I for one hope they are getting shit sorted out and back on track!

Quit throwing shit and stand up for a few positive thoughts. Life is too short. Never send money through the mail ya can't afford to just give away.

5window and D-Russ like this.
  23. Fordors

Fordors

I’m not sure what your message is. There are quite a few people that are out significant funds, one guy sent them almost $900 dollars worth of books, books that TRJ offered to market through their online store. Another in Europe hasn’t seen the $200 dollars worth of merchandise he paid for, those are only two of many that whether or not they can afford to take the loss should not be put in that position.
    For TRJ to get their shit in order would be to man up and at the very least offer an explanation, but no, all anyone gets is crickets.
    Sending money to receive something in return for goods or services promised and getting nothing is a form of theft, there’s no other way to describe it.
    Apparently you are comfortable sending money and just giving it away. Here’s a positive thought for you, why don’t you send $900 to TRJ so they can refund that author for his books. Books that he likely self published, all on his dime.

24. I got a notice to renew and I was pretty sure that wasn't happening, then I stumble onto this and see that I'm not alone with subscription issues and getting them, now it's a definite decision to not renew.

PoTaToTrUcK likes this.
  25. pgan

pgan
    Member Emeritus

Pat Ganahl here. I just learned about this thread today because someone mentioned my name. I have also been getting deluged with emails wanting to know what's going on with TRJ. So, first, I want to make it clear that I have no personal connection, whatsoever, with The Rodder's Journal. And second, consequently, I have no idea what's going on (or not going on) there. I have tried emailing or phoning people I know who work there, and I have gotten no replies. I know there have been one or two lapses like this in the past, and they've gotten through them. I know they have some big hurdles to jump with the move across country, then the totally untimely Covid hit, which led to some big shipping snafus. But I don't know details. I sincerely hope they pull through, because I appreciate it and thoroughly enjoy reading it as much as you do. But I also invested 25 years writing for it (nearly all as a freelancer), and it would really hurt if another one of "my" magazines died. I truly hope not.
    Third, my Instagram is handled by my son, Bill, simply because I don't have a cell phone. I email him batches of photos from my files, along with captions I write, and he posts them as he pleases and has time. Each one usually gets several responses. My bi-weekly "column" (or blog) I do myself on this computer, with technical assistance from Bill's wife, Sabina. People seem to think, and keep inferring, that I somehow make money from these. But I don't. It's called Pat Ganahl's Rod and Custom, if you want to check it out. There are about 75 of them so far. It's free. And I don't make a penny.

26. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Hey Pat, I want to let you know that I've always enjoyed your writing especially at Rod and Custom and your new bi-weekly thing. Thanks for helping to clarify a wee bit on the TRJ saga.

27. If we want our Hobby/Sport! We Need to Stand together! Wait this Situation out.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

28. 5window

5window

Thanks,Pat. You are one hell of a good guy. And, I really enjoy your blog, even if you chisel it out of a tree trunk.

29. A Boner

A Boner

30. noboD

noboD

After a month and a half I would think someone from RJ would have posted here.

swade41 and 5window like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.