Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Whats it worth? 1929 model A special coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by convx4, Mar 14, 2021.

1. convx4

convx4

I have realized that I have too many projects and will never get around to build the 1929 model A special coupe I have. So I am looking to put a value on what I have. Thinking of letting it go.
    This is the list:
    Title and frame that is sitting on wheels.
    1929 Special coupe that has been diss-assembled. Rumble seat car, Has usual rust
    Extra set of doors
    1955 291 Desoto hemi and two speed auto ( Running & driving when pulled)
    Sorry, no pictures It has been stored inside for 10 years.

2. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pick a number and throw it out there. The buyers will determine the "worth".

3. 27 Tall T

27 Tall T
    from Butler Pa.

I may have interest ,but would not want the engine or trans

4. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. My thoughts on value for a 29 that has rust & some issues and taken apart (basket case) is not very much. It is worth what someone is willing to pay.
    You may or may not do better is you sell the Hemi & tranny seperate as they will work with many different rides. But if it is 10 + more years since it was last run it is definately an untested engine/ tranny and buyer likely is faced with a rebuild.
    both the car & engine are desirable but price is condition, condition, condition.
    Good luck, Jim

5. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

It is the value as parts.

The special body has a market but when I was looking the standards were what people wanted. The standard roof bolts on and can be found but probably easier 10 years back than now. I picked one up several years back for $500. So, just as a guess, maybe back off the price of a special from a standard by $500 to $800. Or if you find the right buyer that is looking for a special, you are in luck. ;)

Disassembled parts do not add value for me.

6. Budget36

Budget36

The extent of disassemble parts could make a difference as well as what you have to show it’s complete, or at a minimum what is needed to complete it.

7. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Hard to price with no pictures, my avatar is a 28 Special coupe I built in the 90's and I have a stock Special coupe I've owned since the 80's. As far as it goes I don't think they are as popular as a regular coupe, cost more to rebuild due to the amount of wood in the top and the covering. I included a couple of pictures for the folks who don't know what a Special coupe looks like. ark073.jpg C motor 009.JPG IMG_0382.jpg

dwollam, Dean Lowe, winduptoy and 2 others like this.
  8. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

For sure sell the DeSoto stuff on its own.
    My no picture guess is the Model A parts range from $750 to $3000.

9. scotts52

scotts52

Ignore the common responses:
    1. It's worth whatever you're willing to pay.
    2. It's worth whatever deal is made between the buyer and the seller.

I get so tired of these responses.
    It's not helpful. If you paid $10,000 for a rusty POS model A they'd be telling you that you paid too much.

There's a going rate, and then there's the rate you're willing to pay. For instance, I need a 34 Dodge coupe trunk lid. It's seems the going price is somewhere around$900 if you can find one. I'd pay almost whatever one was being sold for just so I wouldn't have to keep looking. But, that doesn't really mean that they're worth more than $900. I'm just more impatient than some.

10. For worth on anything I scroll the classifieds (not just the HAMB) and see what things are being listed as. You will find prices all over the board, from gold plated to rusted out plastic. I never consider the highest price or the lowest to be legit. I choose middle of the road. The highest price and the lowest price is never legitimate market value.

Selling is not easy and research is part of selling.

All that said I would say that you should really just give it to me but even if you did I would have to borrow money to come get it. ;)

Chicster and Budget36 like this.
  11. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Check existing classifieds for model A coupe and their parts. Especially the roof parts, they are quite pricey. Complete non running coupes are fetching (or at least asking) 5k.
    Sight unseen, no pictures classifieds are going to generate many questions to prospective buyers.
    If it were mine in your situation I would dig it out, clamp and wire it together, and take many pictures including the drivetrain. Good luck

12. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

These threads are worthless.

getow likes this.
  13. making it look like a car is a real plus. ^^^^^

There is a non early Ford for sale now in our own class ads real cheap. it is not selling. The doors and deck lid and etc. are setting aside. If it looked like a complete car even of the ad said that the parts are not bolted on it would sell in a heartbeat.

Oh I dunno. I have heard the term Model A special coupe and seen ads for them a few times. I was never really aware of what made a coupe a special coupe. Now I have seen a pic of one and know that the Special Coupe is like a coupe version of a leatherback sedan. ;)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  14. getow

getow

lolol. The question is whats its worth to you? And what your willing to accept as payment for what you have. Post it with pics and price. If your happy for what it sells for, then obviously the buyer was happy to pay the appropriate price to appease you and all is well and a good a deal was made. If it dont sell, then its worth more to you than someone is willing to pay. Therfore adjustments must made, either by the seller or buyer.... usually the seller at that point. Good luck and let us know where your at with it. Everyone likes a good deal.......

clem likes this.
  15. clem

clem

hard to put a price on it without pictures, probably just as hard to sell it without pictures.
    When you are ready to sell it, - pull it out and get photos, then you will get a smaller price range of what it is worth......

what does this mean ?
    everyone’s interpretation of this will be different !

I am not trying to be offensive, but to me, it appears that, - (like many others on here), you are wanting to use the experience of hamb members, but not wanting to do your share of the ‘leg’ work.

$1 reserve on ebay will determine it’s ‘current’ worth.

Last edited: May 6, 2021