Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1915 Ford street rod

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Retired, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Ah man, such a cool rod, you entirely deserve the first ride in it!

Retired, loudbang and Thor1 like this.
  2. Man, that last post caught me by surprise. Good to see you making progress on it. Hate to see you are selling it. ☹️

3. Retired

Retired

The gas pedal is made up and mounted in the car.
    I also put the rubber pad onto the brake arm.

DSC03563.JPG

The gas pedal is connected to the throttle linkage on the back of the blower with a cable coming out of the firewall.
    The throttle return springs are installed on the linkage on the side of the carbs.

DSC03558.JPG

Sitting in the drivers seat ... this is the position of the throttle linkage at idle.

DSC03564.JPG

And the linkage with the gas pedal pressed all the way down.

DSC03565.JPG

Previously .... this red linkage rod had two holes in it for the clip pin so I could set these two carbs to not open at full throttle.

DSC02528.JPG

After discussing this with my resident speed enthusiast ( my son ), he convinced me that these two carbs need to open all the time for full throttle running so that the engine doesn't lean out.

So I cut the front part of this linkage rod off and put in a fixed cotter pin so these two carbs will always go full open with the other two carbs at full throttle.
    This is idle position.

DSC03561.JPG

And full throttle position.

DSC03562.JPG

The carburetors are Ford - 94 carbs made used on the 1950 thru 1953 flathead V-8 engines.
    They are 170 CFM each and that equals 680 CFM at full throttle.

My so has a 1969 Firebird that runs in the 11's in the quarter in the 110 - 120 MPH range on premium street gas.
    With the exception of having cylinder boring done, he has built this whole car and engine himself.
    He also drives this car regularly on the street.

This video was taken in 2014 at a test and tune night at the Edgewater drag strip in south west corner of Ohio.
    Click on the bottom left corner ( Watch on U-tube )

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    kidcampbell71, Thor1 and loudbang like this.
  4. phat rat

phat rat

Runs good but I wonder what his times would be if he wasn't "granny shifting"?

loudbang likes this.
  5. Retired

Retired

No matter what it is .. there is always someone that will find something negative to say about it.

'51 Norm likes this.
  6. phat rat

phat rat

What do you want. I said it ran good. The honest truth is the times would be much better if he shifted faster. If he's just dogging it I apologies. If he's not then his slow shifting will cause loses against an equal car