Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Gotsta get paid!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Roothawg

Roothawg

Dang, I didn't realize that it was released in 2012. Man, it seems like a year max.

Okie Pete and dana barlow like this.
  2. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Love it a lot,cool song ,but I'd like it even more,if cars had shiny paint. vs unfinished* to me.

Desoto291Hemi and Lil32 like this.
  3. Yep - The Eliminator tour was 1983.....but we were hooked before for that.

4. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

@Lloyd's paint & glass the ZZ Top song is a good tune, and the video is awesome, but you have to give it up to the dude who wrote the song. RIP Fat Pat, a fellow Houston guy and car guy in his own right (even if different from this genre)

5. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Money can always buy the “the best money can buy”

Lil32 likes this.
  6. Thanks man! Hell yeah I'm a ZZ Top fan, I've played music my whole life and we've always covered a lot of their stuff. I rented that on Amazon, you're right, really good documentary! Thanks for the tip ;)

Lil32 and 210superair like this.
  7. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Glad you dug it. I'm a working musician as well. I saw you pickin in one of the other threads.

denis4x4 likes this.
  8. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

And the S.C.o.T. blower to.

Okie Pete likes this.
  9. So porknbeaner is my hamb hero for being the first to introduce me to this video. Not much wrong with any of it- girls, tunes, cars, dry lakebed- lyrics don’t add much but hey, I’ll take it. I like the 3 window with the chrome reverse wheels- can somebody give me a run down on it- 33/34 three window - chopped how much? king bee headlights? Is the back end the same as the vanishing zz top car? It looks different to me from some angles, etc etc. Is there a way to find out more about it, who built it. The video moves too fast for me to dissect the car. I don’t want to clone it, I want to understand why I like it so much. Thanks in advance, be gentle, I’m trying to learn here.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    Nostrebor likes this.
  10. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

11. Thanks for the link, there is a still picture there that I can study, much appreciated.

12. woodsnwater

woodsnwater
    from North Al.

13. The link provided above sheds some light on the other cars, not any depth, but a few more pictures, thanks all.