Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ian Roussel

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by jmerson, Mar 8, 2021.

1. jmerson

jmerson

Does anyone have any idea how to contact him and get an answer?? I would like to have him help me finish a '48 F-1. Family health problems are making it impossible to get anything done and at 86 time is running out. I have a 93 year old buddy who is trying to finish a four banger and he isn't making much head way these days either.

Mario p herrera likes this.
  2. Chief 64

Chief 64

He has a Facebook page and an instagram page. Ask one of your grandkids to contact him through Facebook or instagram. I would do it for you but I am too old and not on facebook or instagram either. Good luck with your 48 F-1.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. jmerson

jmerson

Chief, Thanks for the reply. This is the engine for the '48 on Dyno at Panella's Race shop in Stockton,CA....several years ago. Those aren't 97's but throttle bodies with fuel injection. As it sits with 87 octane pump gas it put out 200 hp. at 6000 rpm. It has everything i could think of as an early 50's hotrodder. I hope I live long enough to get it on the road.
    Jim

Attached Files:

alanp561 and Okie Pete like this.
  4. Chief 64

Chief 64

Jmerson,
    What a cool motor!. My son has a 64 Tempest with a Latham supercharger with fuel injection that looks just like a Weber carb that would have been used when Latham’s were introduced in the late 50’s.
    My 1932 Ford 3W was a Hot Rod in California back in the 50’s. It was owned by a pilot in the service and when he transferred to Great Lakes Naval Training Center, he took the 32 with him. Were you hot rodding in California in the 50’s ?? It’s possible you cruised the same strips.:)
    Greg