Register now to get rid of these ads!

Featured Classifieds: 1955 Ford Ranch Wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Featured Classifieds: 1955 Ford Ranch Wagon

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

I'm amazed someone hasn't snatched that up. Even when first listed at $18K I thought it was a good deal.

Cooon, lothiandon1940 and dana barlow like this.
  3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

If it's anywhere near mechanically sound and as rust free as the description, this is an absolute steal.

4. Yea, that one caught my eye too. But, I’m not in the market for any more old cars to keep up with right now. :oops: That would be a great one though. :D

5. Neat car! @guthriesmith I need it so I can be a part of the CM 55-56 Ford club.

6. Yup! You need that one to haul the family around in. :cool:

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

Yeah, I have been pitching the idea of a matching wagon to our 55 to the wife. Dan, all of the cool kids are driving them, well owning them anyway.

dana barlow, guthriesmith and Dan Hay like this.
  8. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've got over 8K my '54 Ranch Wagon and the 302/AOD combo is still not installed. If its as nice as it looks in the photo it is a steal. Can't build one for that.

chryslerfan55 and Roothawg like this.
  9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

even Bears think that they are Cool 20210310_081015.jpg

10. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

That looks like a good one. PLUS it's got a 312!!!!~
    Some don't know how useful wagons are;
    I have loved wagons,from my first old used wagon { the #3 car I ever got}back in 1964,she was a 1957 Ford Ranch Wagon.*****than!
    I used it as a tow car for my race cars an grocery getter,even did some camping in it!
    That started a tend,so I've own 18 wagons now,always used, and used as tow cars.
    My race buddy's had pick-up trucks,but I got better MPG an I have always been able to lock up my tools an parts. Even the newer wagons,as long as you don't buy a want-a-be a wagon{Small one} can dub up as a pickup truck.=
    I got a call from Lin Walker, weekend before last, about he saw an add, about a free> Ford 292 Y-block 2bbl carb engine,in Davie Fla.,< That's only 30 miles away.
    So I called the guy{Jim},Said he was tired of tripping over it,,,it was left over from when he put a 460 FE into his 1960 Fairlane.
    I drove up to Davie that sat. AM.
    Jim said,no way your going to put that "Y" Block in your Magnum Station wagon? I had made sure over the phone,that he had a charrypicker before going up ,for loading.
    I have one of my own at home. I'm too old to pick up big shit any more by hand. Told Jim,let me try,if not;I'll go get a trailer.
    I didn't know as,Jim didn't tell me ,the Y-still had the auto tranny still on it!!
    No matter,I had prepped=my wagon for the trip to pick up. Magnum's have 3 rear floors,taking out floor #1 gives 8in. more deep to rear space,flopped down rear seat,an placed big flat box from my new washer last month. Most wagons have extra space under rear floor.
    Swung complete Y-with tranny forword in too wagon/tired it in place with some rope too the tiedown loops the wagon comes with, in the back. I closed an locked the rear hatch pretty as can be!
    Jim just watched with his mouth open when the hatch closes AOK>
    Best part is it was free*,but also Jim said it had run fine an only has 65000 miles on it< clean looking as well=show room clean almost!
    I'll do more checking it out,if good enough,I'll put my carbs an standard tranny on it/paint ,replace my now tired Y- in my old hot rod.
    With out blowing a ton of time an $ on a rebuild "Y"
    We'll see.
    Maybe lucky I didn't get stopped on the way home,I looked like low chopped top Mex'n Taildragger all the way back,LOL ,, I guess I should of had helper bags !!
    See wagon's canbe COOL !

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    rpm56, warbird1, bluesman and 5 others like this.
  11. That looks to be a extremely nice wagon and I remember a while back Randy was looking for a wagon, I guess he has had his fun and ready to send it down the road.

I have become a wagon guy since building the boss lady's '54 Ranch Wagon, If we didn't already have a wagon I would be all over it. HRP

12. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I've also had my eye on that car! The color combo, wheels/tires and just overall stance and appearance are great.

13. The white with black wheels is a good look!

14. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WTF...am I really THAT far out of the loop? I realize that Wagons are hot...but 18K is now a good deal? (I see it's 14K now;)) I guess I should be happy with what I have, cuz I won't be able to afford anything ever again:mad::(

chryslerfan55 and dana barlow like this.
  15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Y'all can just buy it for me then... Be a good beach cruiser in Hawaii...

16. You would look good in that wagon, you could haul scuba gear to the beach and Hamb swag to the post office.

I'm not a artist but I bet Moose could put the Atomic Industries logo on the door and you would be set. :D HRP

17. Roothawg

Roothawg

Yes.

18. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Shit...that's what I thought:(

chryslerfan55 and dana barlow like this.
  19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I wish someone would just buy it before I do something stupid.

dana barlow, Cooon, Roothawg and 6 others like this.
  20. Ryan go ahead and buy it! HRP

21. I've had my eye on that for weeks....Surprised it hasn't sold.....I like it...

41 GMC K-18 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  22. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

I've been watching it too. Really want a 55-57 chevy wagon but this thing is cool looking. If I were close I would've bought it already if it's as nice as it looks. I haven't had great luck buying cars over the internet.

41 GMC K-18 and Irish Mike like this.
  23. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Been watching it as well.. one helluva deal.

24. Pardon me, would have any Grey Poupon?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

25. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Buy and sure enough the perfect deal on a '40/41 p/u will come along.:cool:

26. AmishMike

AmishMike

Any real experts on here about “ranch wagons”?.? Dad had 55 or 56 ranch wagon. I thought it was “ranch” because interior brown & cloth had ranch style cattle brand marks on brown nagahide (sp) part. Brand symbols. Anybody see or comment. 292 with 3 speed blew out tons of water/fuel & ate exhaust systems. Brother loved to beat on it until old man sold it

27. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, been watching that one too. Just something about a good old Ford sedan, wagon or pickup in black or white. Reminds me of a wagon version of this gem, a missed opportunity when it sold on here years back.

Attached Files:

28. bluesman

bluesman
    from spring tx

Ryan I really appreciate the post!!!, I myself can’t believe it has not sold..great car..for a great price...hard to find these 2 door wagons in this shape...thanks guys for all the love on the reply’s...I have a guy coming tomorrow I think he is going to pull the trigger..I will keep y’all posted..
    Thanks Randy

29. Ranch Wagon denotes a 2 door wagon, they also had Ranch Wagon script on the car.

[​IMG]

The 4 door Ford wagons were called Country Squires.

[​IMG]

I don't recall ever seeing the cattle head on the seats. HRP

deathrowdave and dana barlow like this.
  30. ken bogren

ken bogren

The regular painted 4 door wagons were Country Sedans, The Country Squires had the fancy wood-look trim on the sides.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    dana barlow likes this.