Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage EVENT CANCELLATIONS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 12, 2020.

1. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

For those of you who typically attend the early March AACA swap meet at the Howard County (MD) and then the Mason Dixon Oil and Gas Show at the Frederick Fairgrounds- of course the HC swap meet has been cancelled- but the Mason Dixon show is still on. If you haven’t been, it’s an impressive display of expensive automobilia - largely traded between professional collectors. But it’s fun to look at!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    Budget36 likes this.
  2. RetroPetro

RetroPetro
    from Jersey

Venue is now allowing indoor vendors at limited capacity. Good response of returning and new outdoor vendors.

[​IMG]

3. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Just heard that the Rhinebeck Car Show and Swap Meet is cancelled for 2021. They hope to see us all in 2022.

Pat

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Fucking crazy that this thread is a year old now... and we are still getting cancellations...

And to think, I got death threats for cancelling the drags in August...

Tman, Sancho, abe lugo and 5 others like this.
  5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

6. GEZSFRK

GEZSFRK

Not sure if this has been posted yet but the Sacramento auto Rama is canceled

7. hotrod428

hotrod428

Has anyone heard if Back to the 50s in the twin cities is going to happen this year?

1959Nomad likes this.
  8. slimcat7m3, 1959Nomad and jim snow like this.
  9. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Run to the Sun at Myrtle Beach, SC, is a GO! See ya Thursday!! Raleigh, NC, Good-Guys is still on the schedule for next month.

jim snow likes this.
  10. NastyNas58

NastyNas58

Has anyone heard of either the Hot Rod Hill Climb in CO or the NSRA in CO being on still?

11. In was just thinking the exact same thing. Looks like there's gonna be alot of events for this year not happening. So sad.

I'm not sure, but the sitting and rotting thread might be the longest running thread on this site, let hope like hell this thread doesn't challenge that title. (I can guarantee it won't as a civil war will happen before that)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  12. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

What do we have to do to open the Canadian border so all the guys from Ontario that buy antique Chevy truck parts from me at Hershey can get to Hershey?!?

13. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

14. The classic car show in Monroe, GA had about 575 cars show up last weekend. Weather was beautiful and people were excited to be outside looking at amazing vehicles.

weps and Tomb66 like this.
  15. chuck Pisconski

chuck Pisconski

The CSRA, Connecticut Street Rod Association, has just announced that their annual swap meet , held at the Lake Compounce Park, WILL be held this year on May 2 at Rentschler Field in East Hartford, Connecticut. More info to come on the CSRA.org website soon.

Tomb66 likes this.
  16. Guys, please remember what Ryan said about this thread:

DO NOT post rumors.

DO NOT post opinion.

DO NOT post politics.

DO NOT post anything other than the event name, date, and location.

17. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

AG Center, Westminster, MD
    March 26-27
    Sugarloaf Region AACA Parts Meet
    Indoor and outdoor vendors
    Food truck outside
    Bring your mask, enjoy yourself, forget 2020

Tomb66 and jim snow like this.
  18. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Set up day is complete. Just about a sellout inside; and more vendors outside. Weather looks breezy but warm. There is a $2 fee at the gate to offset the Region’s expenses.

BTW, next Saturday April 3 is the Spring Swap meet at Maple Grove Raceway in Mohnton, PA.

Attached Files:

19. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Just saw a Mopar show on for SoCal guys, looks like it's in Ontario. IMG_20210325_224755.jpeg IMG_20210325_224758.jpeg IMG_20210325_224802.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Madd Mayor is going on in Blackwater mo. July 3rd 20212.jpg

southpaw-customs likes this.
  21. I got my Vendor's Credentials for the New Braunfels Swap Meet in the mail last Friday. So after rolling reschedules for a year +, it's a definite go. Friday, April 30 and May 1 will be busy with 300 to 400 vendors - Sunday, May 2 is a bit more low-key and will have a small car show and just a fraction of the vendors hanging on - New Braunfels, Texas, Comal County Fairgrounds.
    DSCN1991.JPG

22. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-4-10_4-56-36.png

Hello,

To stay on topic for EVENT CANCELLATIONS or before it gets shut down... Here is a 24 year running event that was cancelled this coming June. The 25th annual San Clemente Downtown Car Show is cancelled for this coming June, 2021. But, with the pandemic still just as powerful, the statistics show that some outdoor events in Orange County could start up again.

When the pandemic was not around, closing everything, this whole main downtown street, Avenida Del Mar was always closed during the first weekend of June for the long running downtown hot rod show. It was originally a Father's Day event for the coastal town. But, as we all know, Father's Day had other connotations elsewhere. So, the local folks decided that the event would be held, not always on Father's Day, but just another Saturday in June of any year. The local idea was that the families would be able to spend time with family events and gatherings.

In 2020, the pandemic shut everything down. In 2021, just to be on the safe side given the abundance of the vaccine distributions, the cases seemed to be low enough to start up the two long, downtown city blocks for the continuation of the annual car show. But, this time, it will be held in September, not June of 2021. It will be difficult, but possibly worth the effort if everything else is open for business.

So Cal seems to be waiting the state wide re-opening of what it used to be, so the date is set for the continuation of the Annual San Clemente Downtown Car Show. If the local high schools can play the football season in April, a kick off of Summer event like the June Car Show can be postponed until September. The weather will not play a part as it is usually mild to warm in September. As an added attraction, the pier and beach is just another block away to the Southeast.

Jnaki
    CANCELLED FOR THE NORMAL JUNE 2021 SATURDAY

25th Annual San Clemente Car Show

NEW DATE FOR 2021:

SATURDAY, SEPT 11th - 10am to 3pm

"We want to thank you for your continued support of the San Clemente Car Show and the Downtown Business Association. In order to deliver the best Car Show experience possible, we have rescheduled the date for the 25th Anniversary Car Show, which is now scheduled to take place on Saturday, September 11, 2021 — with the intent to return to mid-June in 2022."

Hot rod, woody, surfing murals are located all over the city as part of the cultural arts program. The city is now a little brighter and definitely more colorful.

pprather likes this.
  23. Midnight Mass 2021 Canceled...
    8A274E7E-BFF8-46BA-9E14-7328F57F90F8.jpeg

24. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Wow seriously? People are amazing. I for one would love to do the drags this year. I'm hoping that people are getting vaccinated and we can do it as adults.

51504bat and buddyamigo like this.
  25. 40Vert

40Vert

Chicago World of Wheels Canceled

26. Here's hoping for BTT50s as well but I highly doubt it will happen. If that is the case Lavin and I will find another event to hit. I am all for the HAMB drags but not being a lab rat. Only reason I have missed these last few years is I have been playing on the Salt and can't leave the boss alone at the office for a week and a half during our busy season.

TrailerTrashToo likes this.
  27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm starting to think the Drags aren't gonna happen this year either... But not solely because of the pandemic... I also have a family thing that I need to attend too and this summer would be a really good time to get that handled.

Not official yet though...

28. 40Vert

40Vert

29. EL MOE

EL MOE

are they having the white wall rama this year?

30. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Portland Transmission Spring Classic, normally held the Sat. before Mothers's Day, has been cancelled. Sad, as it is the Gold Standard in automobile gatherings in the Northwest.