Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage A quick Update from the Atomic Lab/TJJ World HQ...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

For the first time in like three weeks, I feel like I am getting some shit done:

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Boy, nothing like a major challenge in your life. Good that you do not have anything else to do right now. Hang in there, know that life will be better soon.

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like things cleaned up pretty well:D

There's nothing worse than having to do a ton of work just to get things back to "useful".:mad:

Oh, and your next video...MORE coupe...less desks.;)

Stogy likes this.
  4. Man, you have been working, looks a lot better than the disaster you last posted. HRP

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.

5. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Mold in Florida is war,back when I still had a boat{trailer 30 foot sailboat},turned out best ant-ty mold was ,, keep two 100watt bulbs on inside boat cabin all the time when not sailing.. Worked better then dehumitafier I got from West Marein

Stogy likes this.
  6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Things are looking pretty good... I'm happy!

Update video today if I get tags stamped...

Pulled an all nighter with a rented carpet cleaner... The real work though is gonna be fixing the exterior of the building I ripped apart to get to the pipes! I wanna get work back on schedule first though...

I'm doing that exact thing right now...

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I got you... Coupish update:

8. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Now that’s a heck of a coupe tease! Can’t wait to see that come together. Glad you’re drying out

9. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Being that along with the interest in hot rods and cars and such, I have always had a love of aviation, and a propensity to delve into all things of a nefarious nature !
    Cheshire grin!
    I am looking forward to future edited " nefarious " footage supplied by the ATOMIC RC Phantom flyer!

@Ryan

lothiandon1940 and Stogy like this.
  10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

What I'm doing... well... if I do it right, no one will know I did it... And if I do it wrong, well... You guys won't hear from me for a while. Good Trouble.

AHotRod, Tim, dana barlow and 3 others like this.
  11. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is the most I have seen out of the coupe in years. Hope to spot you a carlength someday soon.

-Abone.

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

hahahaha

13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm happy for your continued push to return to normalcy...I think backup generators with a 400lb propane tank are going to be doing a brisk business in suburbia in the near future...just in case...I've done it on a lesser scale but I am ready for when the lights go out...

dana barlow likes this.
  14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I am off the grid entirely... except for power... and I've looked into building my own solar array with both lithium and surplus Tesla batteries for a garagejournal.com video, but the cost is just too high for me to pull off right now.

I do, however, eventually want this place to run entirely off solar and be 100% self efficient.

Lowtech, rod1, lothiandon1940 and 6 others like this.
  15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, that is a great option and environmentally friendly...you, your kids and even we will benefit from these initiatives...pumping power into the grid if available or storing it puts you in the drivers seat...Protected...

I have a Genlink pass through at the Hydro meter and a 10,000 watt gas generator ($3000 total approx for link, cord and gen) plugged in 24/7 in a small shed...if power goes out I can run furnace, sump pump, TVs, Computers, Fridge...No extension cords...just add gas till power comes back on...it has been tested and while not the more prefered standalone more costly setup it has proven it's worth, bigtime...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    lothiandon1940 and brady1929 like this.
  16. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh yeah, that's what we're talkin' about:D:D:D:D:D

Lloyd's paint & glass and Stogy like this.
  17. Knock offs ?? Those are b*tchin' !!

Look like the mag' P.S.I./Vintage Engineering knock offs. Brad make those or something ??

Man they're purtee' !!

Is the 38' still gonna' be blown ?? A big huffer on the Y block ?

"Hey guys it flooded .. and oh yeah, here's the coupe. Bye bye now, have a nice day."

Come on man !! Car has been a unicorn for a decade .. & that's all we get ? There have been more Bigfoot sightings than coupe . LOL

brady1929 and Stogy like this.
  18. I would hope that the Texas PUC and the politicians learned from this experience and do what it takes to prevent it happening in the future by winterizing the system.

I have a 6K solar array on my house that keeps my electric bill at the minimum charge $19 a month payment except for possible January and February when storms and the shorter days cut my generation under what I use so my bill may be $60-$80 a month then. If I put more panels up I could avoid that by banking more into the grid. I was lucky to get grandfathered in on a Arizona solar program three years ago that allows me to put any excess watts I generate into the grid and draw it back out at no charge. The same year I installed mine they changed the program to give solar customers the wholesale cost as a credit for what they put into the grid and then charge retail to them when they draw it back out. I would like to add a battery system some day if it becomes more affordable. I can pull power directly off the system if the grid is down too. I was also fortunate to get a $25 a month 20 year lease on my system with me paying 30% down, that was $5300 and then received a 30% income tax credit, so I have about $3700 cash into the system. The lease is for 20 years although I can continue it after that as long as I continue to pay them $25 a month. Any damage (hail, wind, lightning) or maintenance is all taken care of at no charge by Sunpower, the manufacturer that leased it to me. At any time I can have it removed and the roof restored at no charge to me. Since the sun shines a lot here, I just smile and watch it generate the electricity I need for almost nothing because its paying for itself.

Lowtech, Lepus, 41 GMC K-18 and 2 others like this.
  19. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

I wanted to see the 964.

kidcampbell71 and Stogy like this.
  20. Cool -it looks like your back on the positive ! Keep on keeping on !

21. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Awesome. Glad to see you back on your feet Ryan! Coupe is gonna be a killer.

lothiandon1940 and Stogy like this.
  22. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Glad to hear everything is falling back together. Have you considered a natural gas generator that would help add power to a less expensive solar system and still provide emergency power?

Now that coupe will be bad ass.
    Expensive project but cool as hell.
    Fire breathing y block to boot.

Stogy likes this.
  23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Natural gas failed them there (it froze too) but that may change you would expect...but full tanks work too...decisions, decisions...

Petejoe likes this.