Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Potvin Blower On A Studebaker V8

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 60elky, Jan 15, 2020.

1. 60elky

60elky

I will trim a case at some point. I emailed Dyers to see at what point in the blower conversion would be OK to trim it. Send me an email, [email protected]

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  2. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

Well good for him, not only would I rather buy American but buying local is even more important if possible. Not to mention the OP already has a relationship with the machine shop making him other items. Lastly if any adjustments or tweaks become necessary good luck going back to China.

My 2 cents but most people don't think it's worth a penny anymore.

Budget36 and loudbang like this.
  3. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

Wow I'm subscribed!!!! I'm building a 32 with a potvin hemi.That turned out real nice!!!!! That is going to be so cool I love anything with a front blower on it. Can't wait to follow tis build its going to be a good one. 2021-03-04-01-11-40.jpeg

Sent from my LM-Q720 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

Hey are you planning on running an alternator if so how are you going to drive it? I'm struggling with this situation I may have to run a pulley off the front of the blower and a fuel pump at the same time but I'm not sure if The fuel pump shaft will be strong enough to power both. Or run fuel pump off the mag and just power alternator of front of blower. Pretty much the only two options?

5. mohr hp

mohr hp
    from Georgia

This is really cool. I've contemplated building a 299 Stude V8 with a roots blower on top. Do you think I could make 550 HP with a streetable combo?

loudbang likes this.
  6. Why not run an alternator on the rearend like sprintcar guys do?

loudbang, guitarguy and Deuces like this.
  7. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

I'm going to need constant power to run electric motors for cooling fans and water pumps putting radiator in the back of the car and I'm running a starter and lights. I thought about running a charging system off the rear and that could be an option but if I get stuck in traffic the battery will go dead. I just do not think I will charge enough power to support al of that. Front mounted blowers are great for drag cars but I'm trying to drive mine on the street as well.

8. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

I'm looking forward to seeing how you solve that along with other things that may arise. This is already so cool.

loudbang likes this.
  9. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

Ok so what type of injector are you going to run and how are you driving the fuel pump? I love how you did the water neck that looks real nice. Everything looks nice. making that gear 3d print was a great idea so cool man.

loudbang likes this.
  10. drumyn29

drumyn29

WOW, AMAZING WORK!
    I came across an early Hemi potvin cover and a potvin early cam and I am going to try and scramble parts together to build it. If you stumble upon any potvin parts or pieces, please let me know.

I'm trying to figure out what Potvin did in the early days to attach the blower to the cover. There must have been a plate with counter sunk holes I'm guessing.
    IMG_4178.jpeg IMG_4180.jpeg IMG_4182.jpeg IMG_8244.jpeg IMG_4177.jpeg

kidcampbell71, loudbang and Deuces like this.

11. That looks killer!!! Where did those slick exhaust manifolds come from? they would be great on the 259 Stude in my 31 Sedan.

loudbang likes this.