Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Texas water pump rebuilder? Ford 312

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aRustyPatina, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Scored a running 312 FINALLY.
    Was rebuilt about 10 years ago. Water pump rebuilt around the same time. Going to swap rebuilt big G heads and replace TC with double roller.
    Tried to find water pump rebuild kit to no avail. Pump is original, so I’d like to reuse it.

Anyone have a good water pump rebuilder and also a fuel/vacuum pump rebuilder?
    I did find the 4006 rebuild kit for f/v pump, but thought it’d be good to ask while I’m at it.
    Thanks!
    Will

Attached Files:

2. Try Terrill Machine, DeLeon, TX.
    254 893 2610

Ben

Frankie47 and aRustyPatina like this.
  3. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Going back about 8 or 10 years, my "Y" pump started dripping,so tryed the same,kits must be out there,but at the time I did not find one,I kept my factory pump anyway,but did get a new pump from AutoZone,looks the same an is still working ok. If I do ever find kits,I'll likely fix my fatctory one as a back up. 002 (4).JPG

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  4. Pontmerc

Pontmerc
    from Finland

Im not saying its a Direct fit/ Bolt on.
    But so far i Been used Ford 5000 tractor water pump repair kit in Lincoln 368, ford fe and buick 401 engines with great success.
    Bearing, water seal and shaft diameters are same.

5. Houston rebuilder. Rebuilt an off topic Willys water pump, 9 years and 20k miles ago.

Also a 1960's era Ford F5 or 6 ( ?? ) dump truck, roofing adventures vehicle. Mileage, ownership, & driveability today .. unknown. Ran good the 3 years I was around it, though.

http://www.waterpumpkit.com/

( A Mark or Mort' I think ) ?????

They do everything.

Screenshot_20210307-134056_Chrome.jpg

firstinsteele and stillrunners like this.
  6. You can buy a new one on ebay for $53.22 w/gaskets and free shipping but it must be an import for that price. Probably the same one that was sold by AutoZone. The rebuild kit you want is TRW/Thompson WS227. Didn't see any, anywhere on the web. Dave

aRustyPatina likes this.